All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,147
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,154
Could have been some kind of knapsack hook. Looks like the "button" portion could have fit into a hole, and the hook to latch it to a catch.
Just reminds me a little of the J hooks from CW knapsacks. Obviously the J hooks had less meat and turned to the side.

Upvote 0
Or as suggested.

Curtain rod hanger??????

But I do like Gypsy's find

Attachments

• bedbathstore_1935_1688088450.gif
    bedbathstore_1935_1688088450.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,000
Upvote 0
Possibly part of a horse harness, too. The button seems to be designed to fit in a hole in leather and the loop would be large enough for a rope or a metal loop on another strap.

Upvote 0
I like some of the suggestions above, but I will add another possibility:

Sword/dagger hanger hook. I have similar. Fixed to leather belt to hang your sword from.

Upvote 0
nope looks like a clasp off a turn out coat on a firemans jacket.
where was it found? type of soil?

Upvote 0
got it
its a left handed smoke bender 8)

Upvote 0
That is a can opener for latex paint thiner Ha ha. Good find looks old. Hillbilly Bread<><

Upvote 0
Thats definately a thingybob for opening jars of elbow grease, in fact I got one just like it here in the drawer. hold on a sec while I look. there it is ! gosh darn camera I'll have to get back to you on this one, cameras on the fritz. ;D No really Charliep got it right sort of as did gypsy heart sort of. I'ts used for stringing packs onto pack horses or mules. There are two used with the buttons passed through the hole or slot cut into a heavy piece of leather thats padded. then obviously the packs/ boxes or whatever are tide and simply hung on either side of the pack animal. :-\

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back