diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are 3 from the pile I have been curious about. The long tapered piece has a bend on the end. The middle one seems like from a rifle, it is extremely flat on the backside. The bottom piece could be anything. Maybe an old car pedal. Found in a Colorado mining town. Thanks for any input, Happy hunting! A41E458A-0BBE-48B2-AB7B-3EEBB522C2E5.jpeg2180A8B4-8011-4AA4-B28A-446E8B24D5FE.jpeg

I've seen a lot of long spikes with a ring end like that but I can't think of what they were used for, the middle one's not part of a gun, some kind of bracket I'd guess but I don't know what for. Bottom one, no clue

Upvote 0
I'm thinking the middle part isn't from a gun, at least in my eyes.

The bottom one sure does look like a golf club head, but being I'm not a golfer, I'll let smarter people make that call. The top one looks familiar but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Upvote 0
Could the top one be a Gunners Pick? Trying to find the size of them right now.............Found one, goes by various names gunner pick, gimlet, priming wire, etc. Either that or a shish kabob skewer.

Cannon Gimlet

photo104.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From top to bottom... IMO

Skewer / Shish Kabob
Tractor part.
Blade.

EDITED - Sorry... changed my mind... :P... :)

Upvote 0
I agree with the shish-kabob skewer. I think the other two are: half of a tailgate link assembly, and a broken harvesting knife. If you'd found it in the Atlantic Coastal Plains, I'd call it a tobacco knife.

tailgate link.JPG 192583926200.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back