Took the XL PRO for a spin this morning and struck silver AND GOLD!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My SE has been getting all my attention for the past few weeks but the old faithful XL PRO was wagging it's tail this morning....so I took her for a spin
I was training a lady at the YMCA yesterday and she was telling me of how she lost a big sterling ring a few years ago at an old ball diamond. She said the diamond is now used as a soccer field and people line up to sit on lawn chairs in the same few spots each week. Well now!!!!...She tipped me off to the spot and I told her I would try and find her ring for doing so. It is PRIVATE property and she knew the owner...I got permission...and was granted rights to keep what I found even though it would be only stuff from 1995 on up.
Off I went in a light drizzle. The XL PRO was just begging for action and did NOT let me down. I had about 2 hours of hunt time before returning back to work. Within 20 minutes I found the sterling ring just as she had described with the big stone in the center. It was very rewarding to find it knowing I would be able to return it to her as it had great sentimental value to her. I kept plugging along the spectator section picking up 31 quarters which more than paid for my gas. I then got a sweet foil hit on the analog of the smooth xl pro...BUT it sounded different from the previous can slaw foil hits. It was very distinct yet soft and the meter just locked right between the f and o on "foil". I dug down less than 2" and out popped this gorgeous 14K earing WITH a nice 1/4 carat diamond and a few smaller ones set in as well. The back was broken off which is why it was obviously lost. I checked the diamonds as soon as I got home and BINGO,,,the're good...AND VERY CLEAN.
The big diamond alone should be worth at least $150 to $200. Dang...I wish both earings would have broken and fallen off ;D...but I'll, gladly settle for this one little beauty.
Returned the sterling ring a few minutes ago to a very happy owner...so it was a great morning inthe drizzle.
The sweet 14k diamond earing was unexpected icing on the cake. "Old faithful"...the XL PRO... was more than ready to go to the dance and can still cut a rug with the best of them!

Attachments

• jewelry.jpg
    jewelry.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 636
Upvote 0
Great story silver and I know you made that ladies day...now you need to get her to tell you of some more good places...she is in your debt..HH and great finds.

SC_hunter said:
Great story silver and I know you made that ladies day...now you need to get her to tell you of some more good places...she is in your debt..HH and great finds.
Thanks SC.
It was fun and the look on her face when I put the ring in her hand made it all worthwhile. It should clean up nicely and look just as it did when she lost it.

KirkPA said:
Hmmmm...now you know why I find a lot of cool things...XL Pro, baby! :D ;D
Yesir' I need to give old faithful a little more hunt time. It's a killer in it's own unique way.

That earing is a nice looking piece. Congrats on returning the ring to the lady. I bet she was thrilled. Do you use your xl pro much?

Thats cool Bryce!!!!!!

Way to go Bryce,was the woman good looking or does she have cd in the bank.I'm looking for a rich woman.I went out last weekend and didn't find much.Going to have to try some new spots.Hope thing are going well for you and good luck on your next hunt.
T-Bucket

Beautiful! 8) You did good! ;) Congrats on those finds, great story Silver!

Nana :)

Re: Thats cool Bryce!!!!!!

t-bucket said:
Way to go Bryce,was the woman good looking or does she have cd in the bank.I'm looking for a rich woman.I went out last weekend and didn't find much.Going to have to try some new spots.Hope thing are going well for you and good luck on your next hunt.
T-Bucket
Thanks G.
Very nice looking...but also very married...so I can't help you out there. I haven't found a new spot all year. The only different spot I hunted than my normal 30 year pounded sites...was in St.Louis and it that was as far from "new" as we could get! ???

Nana40 said:
Beautiful! 8) You did good! ;) Congrats on those finds, great story Silver!

Nana :)
Thanks Nana. I might go back for more goodies in the future.

Always cool to get the opportunity to do a good deed and return someone's lost item!!!

WTG

Gotta love the XL Pro! Use one myself. Great machine.
Looks like you did well...
Congrats!
Steve///

SF,
YOU da Man!!! Fantastic job on finding the ring & returning it. HONORABLE MENTION material for sure!
That earing is beautiful, and the REAL thing. What a great find.
Congrats to you,
MM

SgtSki in MI said:
Always cool to get the opportunity to do a good deed and return someone's lost item!!!

WTG

Thanks Sgt. It made it fun being able to return it.

steve m said:
Gotta love the XL Pro! Use one myself. Great machine.
Looks like you did well...
Congrats!
Steve///

Thanks Steve. Yep...the xl pro will always have a home with me as will my cz70pro.

ModernMiner said:
SF,
YOU da Man!!! Fantastic job on finding the ring & returning it. HONORABLE MENTION material for sure!
Congrats to you,
MM

Thanks MM. The diamonds are my nicest found so far. I just rarely hunt for gold as I'm always concentrating on deep silver hits...and just truthfully don't have the time to dig many nickel/tab hits.

silverfreak said:
ModernMiner said:
SF,
Congrats to you,
MM

Thanks MM. The diamonds are my nicest found so far. I just rarely hunt for gold as I'm always concentrating on deep silver hits...and just truthfully don't have the time to dig many nickel/tab hits.

I hear ya. I normally hunt like you to on older sites and discrim out the tabs, but last Friday I did something different for a change and hit a park. It paid off in gold rings too. That was a great day!
Congrats. great finds.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back