Took it out today!

J

Justadad1999

Hello boys & girls!

Went and did it! Took out the Garrett Master Hunter CXIII that I just bought and together with some members of the local metal detecting club here went to a HUGE and somewhat old dumpsite? Best way to describe it! Some of the fellas found coins, buckles, metal toys, parts of jewelry (copper maybe?) bullets and other misc.

Now for me.. my finds include a shiny metal cigarette case (probably tin), remember the old fashioned handheld mirror your mom or grandma used? With the ornate gold plating? Found the ornate metal holder for the mirror. No handle but the shiny- gold colored in some places part the glass set in. Pretty wore but able to see the design and gold plate in parts. Then I found part of a metal hand grip off a 45 Cal pistol (real rusted!) 2 clay marbles, 2 silverplated spoons, 6 shell casings, part of a a small silver ashtray? a small "lapel" pin that says "Dharma Punx, a small "metal" encrusted compact case.. AND THE BEST....

Some kind of "silver?, White gold?/ platinium ring? (like a wedding band) no markings inside (maybe stainless?)

When I can learn how, I will post photos

So would this be considered a "decent" day?

BUT MAN>>>WHAT A TRASH DUMP THIS IS! ...Machines were going nuts!

Thanks for listening kids!

Larry-El Paso

Upvote 0
Sounds like you had a great day 8) That spot sounds pretty cool with an array of different finds. Great job 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back