took in a load

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
got $410 for a load of #2 ins. copper wire...and it had just been sitting around in my shed, just waiting for me to sell it, but i was too lazy and hadnt done it until now. then after receiving it, i split it 50/50 with a family member who helped me bring it in (they kept insisting that i didnt have to, but i insisted), and took my share and bought some 90% silver! 65 silver dimes with money left over! :icon_thumleft: keep it up and happy scrapping! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Treasurekidd said:
That's a nice haul there chainchomp, good work! That's a lot of beer money, er, silver money!

thanks Treasurekidd! and btw, what do u think the extra money was for :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

49# of insulated wire- 53.90- 1.10 a #
42# aluminum Breakage- 6.30- 0.15 a #
79# Clean Aluminum- 31.60- 0.40 a #
18# SS Breakage- 4.50 0.25 a #
34# Clean SS- 17.00- 0.50 a #
3# Brass Shells- 3.00- 1.00 a #

Total $116.30

Not to bad, got it all for free, need to haul in the rest now. i dont understand the shells though, they were all .22 shells, no primer in them, he said the dont care what kind of shells they are, they dock you for them.

Took in a load yesterday to hays ks, still paying better there than they are in great bend ks 5370 # of prepared steel - $537
5 batteries - $7 a peice- $35
Total- $572
Not to bad for a couple weeks of gathering and preparing, had some other stuff, but not enough of it to worry about taking it in.

Yeah,thats no kidding, gotta drive 35 miles to get it, but its definantly worth it! Keep waiting to hear that the local guy wasshut down, but so far no such luck, the way he tajes advantage of people

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back