• P1010033.JPG
    P1010033.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 164
  • P1010034.JPG
    P1010034.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 165
IT REMINDS ME OF A PEICE OFF AN OLD WOODSTOVE

Upvote 0
That's a tiny little thing .. the design reminds me a bit of a drawer/cabinet door pull backing. The attachment stud looks like it is missing, but the square lugs would have kept it from rotating.

Upvote 0
I think that your right with the tongue - being it looks like it is from a 1930's cast tow hitch. The part that locks the tow ball into the housing for pulling an old trailer. They had screw down housings all cast back then and that locking mechanism was held in place by 2 studs inside. I can probably get a pic tomorrow or go see if it matches the one I have here at least.

Upvote 0
As small as it is, (~11/2" x 13/4") and being made of cast brass, I doubt that it is a trailer hitch part. Probably not an ornamental piece off of a fence, either.

Upvote 0
As small as it is, (~11/2" x 13/4") and being made of cast brass, I doubt that it is a trailer hitch part. Probably not an ornamental piece off of a fence, either.[/QUOTE

I thought it was Cast Iron, so I call 'slips.' I'll delete my post because it's definately not part of a fence if it is brass. From the photos, it looked like cast iron since there were rust spots, but I'm not looking at it in person. Breezie

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I went and looked at my old 38 Ford truck bed trailer with the 1 7/8" ball hitch on it made by Acme... lol - who else :) It doesn't match the interior of this particular screw hitch but... I'm still hitching this direction.

Upvote 0
THANKS TO ALL who helped me out with your replies! The item is brass with a dull coppery patina.
P.S. Diggerette and Breezie--I thought only old grisly diggers frequented this forum-not beautiful ladies!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back