Tomohawk? found near early 1800s foundation siite..

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomohawk? found near early 1800's foundation siite..

So I got out yesterday for basically the first time in months and it was spectacular as far as i'm concerned:hello2: I'm going back to this spot in a few moments for some more goodies and I hope to have plenty to share with you all in the next day or so..

In the mean time I couldn't possibly wait to get some info on this particular item.

So on my way to locate the site yesterday I was making my way down a huge steep hill that overlooks the property and just randomly sweeping as I traversed. I got a pretty obnoxious signal in an area where the hill began to level out slightly and being as I haven't got my shovel dirty in so long I was ready to dig it all:laughing7:

Long story short this little guy pops out and I was tickled, if only I knew what it was!

tom for post1.jpgtom for post2.jpgtom top.jpg

My first instinct told me tomahawk (or was that wishful thinking?) but in all reality I know very little about such things and have been trying to withhold my excitement until I gathered a few more opinions from our resident geniuses here at Tnet.

It measures 5 3/4" long by 2 1/4" at the tallest part of the blade and weighs roughly 14.5oz. Was recovered in southern Ohio on a huge hillside in fair proximity to a homesite that dates back to at least 1850.

I've personally never seen one like this but with my limited experience that isn't really saying much:icon_scratch: It almost looks like it was possibly a double blade at one point in time? I'm guessing that's a stretch though...

Seems almost like a homemade concoction to me but as I say...I know nothing!

looking forward to your always appreciated input guys/gals!

HH,
Chris

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back