TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys! I was searching a field where a house burned down about 50 or 60 years ago. I found this token and my brother DangLangley and I havent been able to find anything on it. I was hoping one of you could help me identify it and possibly age it. I appreciate you help. A couple of pictures I am posting will look different than the original because I altered them to make the words stand out better! Thank you!!

image-827146523.jpg

image-2320287068.jpg

image-2027510567.jpg

The front says H. Mangels 2 1/2 the back says Excelsior St Louis. 312 Olive Street

Last edited:
"The Excelsior firm was founded in the 1870's. Sometime between 1890 and 1900 they moved to 312 Olive, where they remained until at least 1913. By 1918 they had moved to a new address (information was taken from Bruce Smith's 1999 "DATING THE ST. LOUIS MADE PART INCUSE TOKENS". "

E.A. BUEHNING (incuse) / GOOD FOR / 1 / PINT / MILK (incuse) (TC-41715) Unknown, U.S.A.
P. VOGT / 2½ / ¢ / E. ST. LOUIS (TC-191505) East Saint Louis, Illinois (Saint Clair County), U.S.A.

Maybe this is your H. Mangels - H Mangels Confectioner: About H. Mangels Confectioners

Upvote 0
Very nice token,nice hunt.:leprechaun-hat:

Upvote 0
Wow! Daroofa! Thanks so much! Very cool! I knew it had to be fairly old. I searched everywhere for info. You are da man!

Upvote 0
Boy i just like finding token's there's so many different style's and look's but most of all a lot of them are so interesting to look at and find out were there from and what there for. great find keep on digging

Last edited:
Upvote 0
427mike said:
Boy i just like finding token's there's so many different style's and look's but most of all a lot of them are so interesting to look at and find out were there from and what there for. great find keep on digging

Thank you mike! I agree, They are cool and its fun trying to research them.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back