Minoan Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas what this token/pendant is?

IMG_2543.jpeg

No idea, but it's a cool find! :occasion14:

Upvote 0

Hi PittsburghDirtDigger,​

The new century was celibrated as we would with tokens as I believe this to be one!

The 20th century was dominated by significant geopolitical events that reshaped the political and social structure of the globe: World War I, the Spanish flu pandemic, World War II and the Cold War. Unprecedented advances in science and technology defined the modern era, including the advent of nuclear weapons and nuclear power, space exploration, the shift from analog to digital computing and the continuing advancement of transportation, including powered flight and the automobile. The Earth's sixth mass extinction event, the Holocene extinction, continued, and human conservation efforts increased.

Upvote 0
I would assume it's a tag that was attached to one of the company's products. They sold related items such as polishes as well as shoes.

This, from a Mount Carmel [Pennsylvania] newspaper dated 7th April, 1915

The 20th Century Shoe Company now located at 10 North Oak street, will move to the corner of Oak and Fourth streets on or about April 10th and will continue to give the same GREAT VALUES they have been giving the past four years.

The store is being remodeled to give you the best and most efficient service possible, along with our prices making this store a great money saving institution for you. We own and operate 10 shoe stores in Pennsylvania, our method of doing business on the quick sale small profit plan and giving you the best possible prices. Buying in large quantities securing all the discounts and selling for cash and making no deliveries avoiding unnecessary expenses thus giving you the advantages to be had by trading with us. We guarantee satisfaction or refund your money on any purchase at any time. Watch for our opening announcement, it will be a great saving to you.

And this from 30th September 1916:

20th Century.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2
I would assume it's a tag that was attached to one of the company's products. They sold related items such as polishes as well as shoes.

This, from a Mount Carmel [Pennsylvania] newspaper dated 7th April, 1915

The 20th Century Shoe Company now located at 10 North Oak street, will move to the corner of Oak and Fourth streets on or about April 10th and will continue to give the same GREAT VALUES they have been giving the past four years.

The store is being remodeled to give you the best and most efficient service possible, along with our prices making this store a great money saving institution for you. We own and operate 10 shoe stores in Pennsylvania, our method of doing business on the quick sale small profit plan and giving you the best possible prices. Buying in large quantities securing all the discounts and selling for cash and making no deliveries avoiding unnecessary expenses thus giving you the advantages to be had by trading with us. We guarantee satisfaction or refund your money on any purchase at any time. Watch for our opening announcement, it will be a great saving to you.

And this from 30th September 1916:

View attachment 2124735
Wow!!!
Thanks a bunch
I couldn’t find anything about it 👍🏻

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back