southerngrwn

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Vintage Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me and the old man got up this morning and hit a couple of spots. I found the following items at an old church One is a pin with "Royal Rangers" on it. From what I can tell online It's a young mens christian organization. Not worth anything but an interesting find.

The second item is a non-transferrable token good for $1.00 at the store W.L. Hemeter & Company once located in Epley MS. Sorry about the photos but it's the best I could do. I really don't think it's worth anything, but I can't seem to find anything about this particular one. If anyone could give me some information on value it would be much appreciated.
DSC_0005(2).JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG

Upvote 0
i dont know about the value but those are awesome finds :icon_thumleft:

Thanks. I haven't had much time to do any detecting over the past couple of years. I've been the past two Saturdays and it was nice to pick up a couple of good finds.

The community where the store used to be is located at least 25 miles from where I found it. I"m pretty sure it's a ghost town now.

Yeah according to satellite images I've looked at of the area it appears to be just woods now. I know that there used to be a rail line, which is now a bike trail, that runs right through where Epley is supposed to be. I also found where there was a big sawmill there in the 20's. I only live about 30 minutes from that area, so maybe I will go check it out.

I like the royal rangers pin I was in that growing up as the son of a preacher man. Its like a christian boy scouts very cool find!!!

:protest:THE OLD MAN IS THE ONE WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO DETECT. OH,BY THE WAY YOU WHERE DETECTING ON MY SITE.

Last edited:
Hahaha well somebody had to go in there and find it for you! Looking forward to showing you how it's done again when you're ready!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back