Toe Tap or Boot Heel Plate?

Joe Davis

Mar 29, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all I wanted to thank everybody for helping me ID stuff this year. I don't do this for the money although finding a hoard of gold coins would be nice. I do it for the shear love of my town and its history. As a volunteer at the historical society here in Lamar I would like to think that maybe i have a "leg up" on some of the MD'ers around here that might not know the history of some of these older places. With that being said I love finding things with dates (other than coins) or other identifying marks. Sometimes I can then connect the item with the history of the site I found it. So thanks again for helping me do that.

Now for today's find. This is actually the 2nd one of these I have found. The first one I think I found last year but couldn't make out enough of it to do a good search for it. I figured it was either a toe tap or a plate for a boot heal. This 2nd one is nearly identical with the same triangle with words in and around it. I would love to know more about it as well as any external links.

Thanks

Attachments

• shoe-2.jpg
    shoe-2.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 153
It looks like a Red Wing Shoes logo on the right, inside of the upper part of the triangle.

Upvote 0
I see it as something else. Maybe a neck plate from a guitar, possibly Hauser Guyitars. There is what looks like a serial number across the bottom and the letters across the upper right would help if they were more legible. I see REN--EL-INC. Seems like a lot of holes for a heel plate and for a neck plate as well. JUst a thought to think outside the box because at first look it does seem to be a heel plate.

Upvote 0
If you could take a pic of the other 1, also a side by side might help to make out all of the wording for an I.D. of what you have.

Upvote 0
The other side def has writing but it is hard to make out.

Thanks

Attachments

• shoe-1.jpg
    shoe-1.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0
do not think it is from shoe due to wear... or the lack of. ... plus maker mark would not be on shoe part... and the holes look rather large in diameter .... but sure does "look the part"

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back