Todays & Yesterdays Beach Finds

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Today's & Yesterday's Beach Finds

Went to the beach yesterday morning. Hit it around dead low tide. Set the Quattro in "all metal" and started walking down the water line in the wet sand. First time I've done this as I had previously just hit the dry sand. Want to find that first gold ring!

I found that I like it a lot better than dry sand. A lot less trash. Found some pennies at well over 12". Also a couple dimes, and some quarters. Most were in the 8" plus range, but pretty easy diggin!
Spent about 1hr doing that, then hit the dry sand for another hr. Found some more clad. As I was working my way back to my truck, I hit a spot that was kinda goin nuts! It showed quarter on the display. I dug about 4-6" and got the quarter. Before I covered the hole, I swepted it again, and got the same signal. Another quarter. swept again, another. In all I got $1.50, and 2 dimes! Teaches you real fast to recheck your holes before you fill them in :P

Went back today, and didn't do as good. Got some more clad, but not as much as yesterday! It's a little depressing how much trash is in our beaches. :( Still looking for my first gold ring :P

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0
Re: Today's & Yesterday's Beach Finds

You did great, don't worry about it! the dry sand where you were was probably hit a few times and that's why theres less trash! Which beach were you on? Anyway, may your next scoop be your gold ring! HH omnicognic

Hey omnicgnic, I hit Hollywood Beach. The weather's been kinda crappy since yesterday afternoon. That's probably why I didn't get much this morning. I woulda thought though that I would have found more at the surf line since it was dead low tide, but I'm patient. I'll find that ring some day! :D

sounds like you have olat of determination-with that you will get your first ring sooner or later.Keep at it!

Surfrat for the amount of change that you have there you should have alot more pull tabs if you are wanting to find those rings. Turn your descrimination down and dig all pull tab signals. Check out my Myrtle beach post and see how many tabs i dug to get that one small gold ring. Good Luck and keep digging.

Hey swiningmydfx, after reading so many posts now, you're right about digging all the tabs. I had set my machine to descrimate them. Next time I go, I'll start diggin them all up and hope that ring pops up one day! 8) Thanks for the advice! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back