Today’s Treasure

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Well we had another lovely day by the stream, went to the other ridge and furrow field that borders the river on the other side of the footpath.

It was another super hot day, but again Himself refused to get in! 🙄 xx never mind we had a cracking day digging! I got this beautiful button… ( BH for Belvoir Hunt) a Buckle, musket balls, weird lead bits, a bullet, bird ring, and a lump of lead, buttons, and

coins…. Well a 1927 penny, a toasted one, the 3 farthings, 1901, 1927, 1959 …look at that gorgeous little Wren 😍

3 Three pennies 1936, 1937, 1962, a 1955 Shilling, a 1962 half penny, and last but not least…. A 1929 Half Crown and a 1931 Sixpence! So all in all quite the day 😅 xx

We are taking the Monks Head into the FLO on Wednesday as they want to see it in person as struggling to I’d it! So hopefully we can come back to this field and spend the remainder of the day digging! xx

IMG_7391.jpeg
IMG_7392.jpeg
IMG_7393.jpeg
IMG_7394.jpeg
IMG_7395.jpeg
IMG_7401.jpeg
IMG_7396.jpeg
IMG_7397.jpeg
IMG_7398.jpeg
IMG_7399.jpeg
IMG_7400.jpeg
IMG_7383.jpeg
IMG_7381.jpeg
IMG_7390.jpeg
IMG_7377.jpeg

Upvote 28
Oh my my.

Tisn't fair. Simply Tisn't!! Such a site , PLUS all the goodies.

Himself needs one of those inflatable ducks to float with.

And what's that I see dated 1941?
Yes!
And feel free to join in the victory recovery parade march back to the vehicle....(Oh wait , I didn't find it..Oh bother , sing it anyways!)

Congrats blossom!

(Suitable as it's an 1941 version. )

Nice, more modern finds than usual. I like the wren farthing. I had or have one of those from a visit to England many years ago.
Yes, its so interesting how different fields give us different ages, but until the crops come off the arable we are slighted limited to the meadow fields, But a day digging is still the best day 😆 xx

This is my first wren farthing and i love it xx

The mid-late Victorian Livery Style button has BFC on it, so can't be the Hunt.
The oldest find is the oval Buckle - 16th C.
The Half-Crown is a tough find, they didn't lose many of them. If you dropped it, it was an easy spot.

The mid-late Victorian Livery Style button has BFC on it, so can't be the Hunt.
The oldest find is the oval Buckle - 16th C.
The Half-Crown is a tough find, they didn't lose many of them. If you dropped it, it was an easy spot.
IMG_7407.jpeg

Interesting… ive always seen it as BH…! xx the Half Crown is a beautiful coin! xx

WOW! You got to love it when the big silvers like the half crowns pop up in the dirt.
Still remember getting 2 (one being a 1929) one morning in a field.

I think you have the right ID on the button, looks bang on.
Lovely buckle, the dark patina really sets it off.

Now what a sea of red in that field, just amazing! -please tell what is growing there?

WOW! You got to love it when the big silvers like the half crowns pop up in the dirt.
Still remember getting 2 (one being a 1929) one morning in a field.

I think you have the right ID on the button, looks bang on.
Lovely buckle, the dark patina really sets it off.

Now what a sea of red in that field, just amazing! -please tell what is growing there?
Ahh thanks Peps xx the sea of Red is a field of Poppy… not our permission.. but so pretty i stopped to get a photo xx

“we had a cracking day digging!”

That says it all right there! Congratulations!

The sixpence and the song releventchair posted are my favorites. They have a special place in my heart, for that was one of a few songs my dad would sing to me when I was little.
Thank you! 💕

Im constantly delighted by everything we find… even that musket ball ‘fail’ is special to me… then to read all the comments on here is just honestly lovely xx

“we had a cracking day digging!”

That says it all right there! Congratulations!

The sixpence and the song releventchair posted are my favorites. They have a special place in my heart, for that was one of a few songs my dad would sing to me when I was little.
Too bad the ding-a-ling RC got the date wrong.
Only off by ten years though!

Can you imagine some of those hunts on some of those sites?
RC back home at show and tell.
'And this foil is off a beverage from around 2018 where the Popes entourage had lunch.. Note the few hundred year old ivy strewn sheep barn in immaculate condition still in the background , and the stream adjacent that goes under the floor of the cathedral upstream where the colosseum used to be where we found the Roman ruins and lead relics and a few old coins of hardly any note from the 1200's or something, (we haven't got to cleaning up the newer stuff yet.)'

W.D. at show and tell ;
'And this appears to be the knife that stabbed Ceasar . That's his monogram on the toga clasp it is wedged in anyways.

And this is an Egyptian gold stator. Not too early a one. Perhaps 400 B.C. is all. But I kept it anyways.

Here's a few hundred bits of this and that. Loose jewels , broken gold and silver jewelry and ancient pottery pieces. Most of it is from outside our first nights room at the Travelodge just warming up for day two's hunting whilst eating our breakfast of scones tea and juice so it was slow swinging . But just think if we had been on a ground floor!"

Last edited:
Too bad the ding-a-ling RC got the date wrong.
Only off by ten years though!

Can you imagine some of those hunts on some of those sites?
RC back home at show and tell.
'And this foil is off a beverage from around 2018 where the Popes entourage had lunch.. Note the few hundred year old ivy strewn sheep barn in immaculate condition still in the background , and the stream adjacent that goes under the floor of the cathedral upstream where the colosseum used to be where we found the Roman ruins and lead relics and a few old coins of hardly any note from the 1200's or something, (we haven't got to cleaning up the newer stuff yet.)'

W.D. at show and tell ;
'And this appears to be the knife that stabbed Ceasar . That's his monogram on the toga clasp it is wedged in anyways.

And this is an Egyptian gold stator. Not to early a one. Perhaps 400 B.C. is all. But I kept it anyways.

Here's a few hundred bits of this and that. Loose jewels , broken gold and silver jewelry and ancient pottery pieces. Most of it is from outside our first nights room at the Travelodge just warming up for day two's hunting whilst eating our breakfast of scones tea and juice so it was slow swinging . But just think if we had been on a ground floor!"
Rofl! Yep! That sounds about right! 🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well we had another lovely day by the stream, went to the other ridge and furrow field that borders the river on the other side of the footpath.

It was another super hot day, but again Himself refused to get in! 🙄 xx never mind we had a cracking day digging! I got this beautiful button… ( BH for Belvoir Hunt) a Buckle, musket balls, weird lead bits, a bullet, bird ring, and a lump of lead, buttons, and

coins…. Well a 1927 penny, a toasted one, the 3 farthings, 1901, 1927, 1959 …look at that gorgeous little Wren 😍

3 Three pennies 1936, 1937, 1962, a 1955 Shilling, a 1962 half penny, and last but not least…. A 1929 Half Crown and a 1931 Sixpence! So all in all quite the day 😅 xx

We are taking the Monks Head into the FLO on Wednesday as they want to see it in person as struggling to I’d it! So hopefully we can come back to this field and spend the remainder of the day digging! xx

View attachment 2089632View attachment 2089633View attachment 2089634View attachment 2089635View attachment 2089636View attachment 2089637View attachment 2089638View attachment 2089639View attachment 2089640View attachment 2089641View attachment 2089642View attachment 2089643View attachment 2089644View attachment 2089646View attachment 2089647
That’s a great button! Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back