Today's three cent surprise

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Met up with Park Pirate this morning at our favorite hunted out park. First find of the day was a 1907 nickel with a bonus wheat cent stuck to it. Was hoping it was a V nickel / indian head cent combo but had to settle for the wheatie. Later in the hunt I get a deep hit that comes in like a modern screw cap but because its way down the depth meter I decide to dig it. Good thing I did as I turned out to be an 1852 silver three cent piece. Only the second one I've dug in nearly 30 years of metal detecting. Felt great to dig something good as this has been a terrible year for me.

Attachments

• 3cent6.jpg
    3cent6.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • 3cent2.jpg
    3cent2.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 3cent1.jpg
    3cent1.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 3cent3.jpg
    3cent3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
Upvote 26
Awesome finds...love those 3 centers...still on my bucket list so thx for sharing yours, it's in great shape also...ddf

welcome to the '52 club. got mine a few years back, then a '53 this spring. what a nice gift from the dirt!!:icon_thumleft:IMG_3828.JPGIMG_3829.JPGIMG_3830.JPGIMG_3831.JPG

Last edited:
NICE FIND THERE ED ..

Sweet, sweet silver - Congratulations!:occasion14:

Things are picking up I'd say. Congrats on the old coins especially the three cent, it's in pretty good shape too.

Nice three center Ed, can't believe one of us didn't find it years ago after all the times we pounded the area..

Those trimes are impossibly small...recovering one is just this side of a miracle. Congratulations on a fantastic find!

Awesome dig Ed. I'm still looking for my first trime. My hunting buddy Tony found one earlier this year. I believe his was a 52 as well. Congrats!

Funny, my first one was a 1853!

Id call the nickle with the wheat stuck to it a six cent piece great finds I would love to have that thanks fro sharing!!!

Fantastic! , man I want one of those so bad!!

Great find there my friend! That means there's gotta be at least one of those at Seated too right? Hopefully we'll get some rain and be able to hook up in a month or so.

-- Jeff --

Looking forward to a trip to Seated. Mentioned to Tony just the other day that we need to make another road trip over there. July and August were brutal as far as heat and humidity and the ground here is parched with no extended days of rain at all. Looking forward to cooler Fall temperatures !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back