Todays short hunt.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a short hunt today. Found some interesting things today with the new X-terra pro. Here is a pic of my findings. Does anybody got a clue what the round disc with bird & shields on it is? To me it looks like a pocket watch back. Also does anyone know the significance of the bird & sheild motif? Thanks for looking.
20230429_194719.jpg
20230429_193914.jpg

Upvote 14
Got out for a short hunt today. Found some interesting things today with the new X-terra pro. Here is a pic of my findings. Does anybody got a clue what the round disc with bird & shields on it is? To me it looks like a pocket watch back. Also does anyone know the significance of the bird & sheild motif? Thanks for looking.View attachment 2081188View attachment 2081189
Nice finds.

the crest with the winged spur is an Oldsmobile car emblem that was in use from 1919 to 1940. I believe it was revived for a short time in the 70's or 80's

Last edited:
the crest with the winged spur is an Oldsmobile car emblem that was in use from 1919 to 1940. I believe it was revived for a short time in the 70's or 80's
Thanks I would have never thought that. I'm a oldsmobile fan too. Thanks.

This is the only image I can gleam from images, that has the little Aladdin lamp.
I'm thinking that your emblem is the centre out of the hub cap.
Not sure what model 88/98/ Touring sedan.:dontknow:
Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 12.34.07 PM.png

This is the only image I can gleam from images, that has the little Aladdin lamp.
View attachment 2081231
Thanks very much, I'm a oldsmobile fan & I never knew they used a insignia like that. I appreciate your help.

Thanks very much, I'm a oldsmobile fan & I never knew they used a insignia like that. I appreciate your help.
It seems that the 1950's model had similar, then like jewelry guy stated it was revived in the 70/80s

Got out for a short hunt today. Found some interesting things today with the new X-terra pro. Here is a pic of my findings. Does anybody got a clue what the round disc with bird & shields on it is? To me it looks like a pocket watch back. Also does anyone know the significance of the bird & sheild motif? Thanks for looking.View attachment 2081188View attachment 2081189
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

View attachment 2081231
Mine does appear to have been soldered to something. Maybe it is the center of a hubcap. Thanks.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back