Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out to the woods today and a lot of rust or nails in the ground so I put it in two tone mode and was able to locate this Mercury dime. Yesterday I found the Catholic medal. 1944 001.JPG1944 004.JPG1944 005.JPG1944 002.JPG1944 003.JPG here's all the other coins and stuff I've found lately.2014 finds 001.JPG

Upvote 4
That is an impressive assortment of goodies. I don't know what it is, but I am always drawn to the Indians and Barbers. Fantastic silver. Congrats!

Man you cleaned house on the silver, nice job!!

Very Nice there! Congrats.

Thats a nice haul right there. I love the bell and obviously the coins are terrific, congrats!

Thanks for the replies. My finds come from an old quarry site and has signs of old dug aluminum bottle caps. They were dug and covered back up. You can see the scar on the ground from a previous digger.
The weeds aren't to bad yet but some of the area is thick and thorn bushes are growing. Most of the coins were found on top of the hill just off the trail a few feet.
If you have a city park on an old quarry or farm I would spend a lot of time detecting the place. I never see any others detecting out there in the woods. I'd say 90 % of my finds came from the woods and if I had to just detect the mowed areas I would hardly find anything. I have 5 such woods and are now about empty of silver coins. I've been detecting the woods from the fall of 2007 and found many nice coins. A lot of times I spent 8 hr's out there and never found a coin so don't give up keep going. Start on top along the paths and the south and west hill sides. Let me know If your taking my advice and what you find.:thumbsup:

Lovely silver! :headbang: My & my son's best finds are also in places many seem to avoid or don't think of - abandoned road cut embankments, vacant trashy overgrown city lots, and the most iron-infested beaches we can find in our area, lol. Have fun! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back