Todays hunt

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
Went out with some friends, found a few items, I like this little tap thing. The wheat is toasted like it was in a fire. I was good to get out for a few hours and do a place that wasn't near my work for a change thought this iron half moon was a horseshoe at first not so sure now.

Attachments

• IMG_4205.jpeg
    IMG_4205.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4206.jpeg
    IMG_4206.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4207.jpeg
    IMG_4207.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4208.jpeg
    IMG_4208.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Upvote 9
Went out with some friends, found a few items, I like this little tap thing. The wheat is toasted like it was in a fire. I was good to get out for a few hours and do a place that wasn't near my work for a change
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Went out with some friends, found a few items, I like this little tap thing. The wheat is toasted like it was in a fire. I was good to get out for a few hours and do a place that wasn't near my work for a change
The little tap might be an acetylene valve.
(Calcium carbide was identified in 1862 and like potassium carbide, reacted with water to form acetylene.)
Early homestead had units that produced acetylene for lighting.
I have dug the valves up before and found out about the process.

(Calcium carbide was identified in 1862 and like potassium carbide, reacted with water to form acetylene.)
That's interesting

Yeah I figured it was to small to be a barrel tap, would take forever to fill a mug lol

I think the iron object in rite pic may be a pintle strap although more knowledgeable members may correct me. Awesome finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back