Todays finds.

buckmild1

Oct 26, 2004
Trinity, Florida
Did'nt do to good today. mostly junk. Was hoping to find an old coin but just did'nt pan out. Was having allot of trouble pinpointing especially on the bigger copper items. Will have to get a pinpoint detector. Looking at the vibraprobe because it is water proof. Still had fun though.

Attachments

• 1-23-05.jpg
    1-23-05.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 270
Upvote 0
Hey Buck, a bad day out beats the crap out of looking out my window at 22" of snow trust me!. Better luck on you're next time out hope you find some old coin

kenb

Good Findin' Buck! This pic and your last post shows that nothing gets by you. It's just a matter of time before you strike gold! You should see all the crap I dug to get to my first ring. Just learned today with a little help from a friend how to walk by some signals. Save your bullets and casings and we'll start a munitions museum. ;D CO2

Hey Onionhead I was searching in all metal mode, I notched out foil to cut down on chatter after a while. On my BH (QD II) Low tones are usually Iron or foil, Nickels come in on the low tone too. I did not dig any low tones. Should I go back to digging all signals. I really wanted to find coins or rings. Gold comes in as a mid tone and displays pull tab. I was excited to be finding old style pull tabs and I only searched a quarter of the circular lake I was hunting. Started getting windy and cold so I moved in between some old buildings in an empty lot. Both the lake and lot were populated in the late 1800S. I found allot of the scrap copper there and even passed up two targets that I just could not pin point. My machine has two Knobs, Sensitivity and discrimination. I was turning sensitivity all the way up and left the other knob on all metal mode. Any help would be most appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back