Todays finds............

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I didn't get out much last week, so I decided to I decided to get up early, and hit a local park that I was going to save for later in the summer.......just wanted a change of scenery I guess! After 4 hours, I ended up with $6.19 in clad, a 1943d Merc, 2 1935s mercs in the same hole ( in awsome shape too!) a 1930s wheatie, and a 1931s wheatie. I also found a 1953 silver Canadian dime (first for me), and another 47 rosie.Found some junk rings, small silver necklace, a heavy silver ring & part of a silver necklace that look like they went through lawn mower hell! Found an old spoon, a few shell casings, a button, and some charms. All & all a pretty good day in my book! I will head back out this evening I hope, this place shows a lot of promiss

Paul

Attachments

• PICT0022 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0022 (Medium).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 758
  • PICT0023 (Medium).JPG
    PICT0023 (Medium).JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 782
Upvote 0
Wow, what a great day you had, congrats on the heaping load of keepers. Definitely sounds like a great place to hunt!

Smiles!
BDoo

Didn't realize that a 1931s wheat was a key date coin. Just looked it up on ecoins........spendy penny! It is now soaking in olive oil.

Paul

Wenatchee, eh? Right on.

I hunted a lot north and south of you, but not right where you are.

I hunted Yakima Valley into the ground (that is where I grew up) and I hunted the Okanogan area extensively too, since that was where our extended family was at and I stayed up there a lot, sometimes for whole summers.

Wenatchee I just drove through over and over and over, but never stopped to hunt. LOL

Great coin diggin, Paul. It is a little disturbing to dig rifle and pistol shell casings in parks and campgrounds but it happens too often anymore.

WOW...looks like you have found a great hunting ground...great finds....HH

i'd call that a fantastic day!

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back