Todays finds....

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
Actually I found these yesterday. I went to a park that I hadn't been to in a long time and found some clad coins and a really beautiful antique sterling silver pendant. The pendant has 16 stones in it. The largest one at the top appears to be a deep red ruby? and the rest are onyx. One of the stone came out when I was cleaning it and I'll take it to a jewler to have repaired and see if he can tell me anything about it.

Upvote 0
OOPS AGAIN>>> I forgot to resize the picture... Here is the photo... I'm a newbie to the forum.. next time I'll try to get it right the first time.. :o

8) Very nice, victorian / vintage finds are always great finds.My wife would have it in a second.HH

Hi Shutterbug-- you called your find a 'pendant' but it looks more like part of a dangle earring to me-- like it lost the wire that goes through the ear. Your dark red stone will probably turn out to be a garnet. Still it is an excellent find! Especially as it is dainty and not easy for most detectors to pick up. Have you taken it to a jeweler yet?

I haven't taken it to the jewelers yet but I'll post the results when I do. I thought it may be an earring as well... but the thing is almost three inches long... I think it would look a little strange for an earring but I've seen stranger things worn on the ears! My wife thought the red stone is a garnet as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back