Today’s Finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Today was back to the pea fields … These 3 fields have so much potential…. But as it was mined… finding the treasure is not straight forward! But we had to try!

First off a Roman Fibula broach, then an unusual button, the stock of a toy gun (I think) a broken buckle, a dandy button complete with the cotton, lead weight, musket balls, buttons, and 3 pre dec coins… and the tiny one at the front Himself believes is a Roman 🤨 xx

The fields enclosed in green show the Roman Pottery site (red blob) Saxon burial site ( blue blob) and the Civil War camp ( yellow blob) and the purple shows part of very old track, that runs 147 miles between the Humber Bridge in North Lincoln and Oakham.

IMG_3752.jpeg
IMG_3753.jpeg
IMG_3754.jpeg
IMG_3755.jpeg
IMG_3756.jpeg
IMG_3757.jpeg
IMG_3758.jpeg
IMG_3759.jpeg
IMG_3760.jpeg
IMG_3747.jpeg
IMG_3748.jpeg
IMG_3751.jpeg
IMG_3731.jpeg

Upvote 21
Such a mix again.
Congrats!

Not detritus and not all relics.
More so the warp and weft (what , no spindle whorl this day?) of fastening's bits and buckles and for those fortunate to not have to use leather buttons or pieces of wood to hold the clothed aspect of society together and maybe hold the tailor and seamstress together as well, metal buttons! Post Fibila era..Wait there's a fibula too!

Then the coins those so fortunate to have enabling the luxury of a button buy.
The button numbers of which in the area almost hints of a peddler dressed head to toe in a covering of buttons. Or at least a small chest, cask, or barrel of them!

Today was back to the pea fields … These 3 fields have so much potential…. But as it was mined… finding the treasure is not straight forward! But we had to try!

First off a Roman Fibula broach, then an unusual button, the stock of a toy gun (I think) a broken buckle, a dandy button complete with the cotton, lead weight, musket balls, buttons, and 3 pre dec coins… and the tiny one at the front Himself believes is a Roman 🤨 xx

The fields enclosed in green show the Roman Pottery site (red blob) Saxon burial site ( blue blob) and the Civil War camp ( yellow blob) and the purple shows part of very old track, that runs 147 miles between the Humber Bridge in North Lincoln and Oakham.

View attachment 2158686View attachment 2158687View attachment 2158688View attachment 2158689View attachment 2158690View attachment 2158691View attachment 2158692View attachment 2158693View attachment 2158694View attachment 2158695View attachment 2158696View attachment 2158697View attachment 2158698
Nice! As always! One small question. On average, how deep do your targets run?

Oh! And BTB, did you ever rig up a harness to take away some of the weight of the swinging 🤔?

Jealous again! Nice finds, and beautiful landscapes!

AGAIN I say great finds and great pictures

Nice! As always! One small question. On average, how deep do your targets run?

Oh! And BTB, did you ever rig up a harness to take away some of the weight of the swinging 🤔?
Thank you xx depth varies, but on average not super deep.

My Garrett with the Nell tornado coil found stuff much deeper you would have to dig proper holes …!

No didnt get a harness … just trying to remember to adjust how im holding my shovel and change the height of the detector periodically!! xx

Tell Himself nicely done on the Fibula Broach.
The petronel is very decorated, too bad it wasn't complete.
Best of luck on the next hunt.

View attachment 2158686View attachment 2158687View attachment 2158688View attachment 2158689View attachment 2158690View attachment 2158691View attachment 2158692View attachment 2158693View attachment 2158694View attachment 2158695View attachment 2158696View attachment 2158697View attachment 2158698
Very cool...the cotton is still in the eye (or whatever it's called)of the button... how often does that happen? I'd say rarely...the broach has a nice look to it...very weighty... great bits and bobs!

Thank you xx depth varies, but on average not super deep.

My Garrett with the Nell tornado coil found stuff much deeper you would have to dig proper holes …!

No didnt get a harness … just trying to remember to adjust how im holding my shovel and change the height of the detector periodically!! xx
I used to be able to do that but long time exposure started tendinitis. Wish I had implemented those helps sooner.

The harness strap carries the weight now, I just swing with no weight. And my shovel? With a hook affixed to the handle, I just hang it from the harness til needed.

Prevention is necessary, eventually...it gets everyone.

Enjoy your posts!

Makes you wonder what might be in that hedgerow next to the old track.

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back