Todays finds and a tip for bh users.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Noticed my neighbors field got mowed farther back thean usual so i decided to take a look.? All i heard were a few little blips here and there, like the ones that just beep once but then hardly beep if you pass over em...So every time i got one of those hits i just turned it to all-metal mode and saw if there really was something there.? Well i found a shotgun shell, musketball, and half a horseshoe all pretty far down for a tracker4, they were all like 8 inches down, which is deep for this detector sadly.? Might post pics tomarow but i think youv all seen that stuff ;D Hoping he mows the field even more, i can jsut imagine all the cool stuff thats hiding under all that brush and stuff ::) He has a DR field and brush mower but hes old and has back problems so his son does it, i asked him if he needed any help shoveling snow or mowing but he said it was all taken care of. Hes such a nice guy, and he knows plenty of history cause he used to be president of the historical society in my town :)

Upvote 0
President of the historical society? That's a pretty good hook-up. Pump the guy for information!

Thats pretty cool Jake, never know what could be in that field! I agree with af, spend some time with the old guy, If you get info thats cool, but if nothing else, it should be a good time. I get a kick out of most old people. They are full of stories.

-Mike

Good point, Vision. I like to hunt a park near my house early mornings before work, and there's an older gentleman who walks two miles everyday around that park. Everytime he sees me he comes over to see what I've found, and he can go back and recite the first time he saw this particular coin or that particular coin. Great tales!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back