Today's Finds; a Mother Mary Pendant, another Ring, & part of a Cherokee Snap Button

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Finds; a Mother Mary Pendant, another Ring, & part of a Cherokee Snap Button

Got out before the rain came in (was supposed to be snow but at 63 degrees I didn't see that happening) and went to an old park that I have hit for almost 7 years. It is a very large park which has a Ball Field, Tennis Courts, and a bunch of Tot Lots.

I walked some of the area I planned on hunting to see if anyone had been there recently - nope, no sign of anyone being there ever (I'm sure it's been hit at some point).

I took the Simplex+ and BH Discovery 3300 with me and started with the 3300. After about 20 Pull Tabs of all sorts, I grabbed the Simplex+ and went down along the parking area. This is where I found these:

Mother_Mary_Back_0001.JPG

The ring is stamped 18KYGP (I think it's Yellow Gold Plated). The Mother Mary Pendant is stamped 1830 under Mary and Italy is stamped on the back with a cross and a M. The Cherokee Snap Button is just that, a Snap Button.

Cheers.
-DH-

What a mess on my end. I have no idea if the pics are displaying correctly. Someone let me know and I'll do a separate post with the pics.

Attachments

• 02_24_2020_Ring Find_0001.JPG
    02_24_2020_Ring Find_0001.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 02_24_2020_Ring Find_0002.JPG
    02_24_2020_Ring Find_0002.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 02_24_2020_Mary_Charm_0001.JPG
    02_24_2020_Mary_Charm_0001.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 02_24_2020_Cherokee_Button_0001.JPG
    02_24_2020_Cherokee_Button_0001.JPG
    349.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Upvote 10
I'd like to see all the photos.

I'd like to see all the photos.

Those are the only photos I took. If you can't see all of them, click on the link and it should bring them up - If that is what you are referring to I didn't know the photos weren't showing.

-DH-

I can only see the Cherokee button, as I can't open the attachments. Wish I could see the religious item, as it sounds like a Miraculous Medal. The 1830 refers to the date the Virgin Mary appeared before a saint whose name escapes me at the moment. I found one inscribed in French. Congrats on your nice finds.

I can only see the Cherokee button, as I can't open the attachments. Wish I could see the religious item, as it sounds like a Miraculous Medal. The 1830 refers to the date the Virgin Mary appeared before a saint whose name escapes me at the moment. I found one inscribed in French. Congrats on your nice finds.

I'll upload the pictures again in a few minutes.

Thanks for letting me know.

-DH-

Wowza that pendant is freakin cool the Simplex seems from all the posts I see to be a great machine. Well done. Tommy

Wowza that pendant is freakin cool the Simplex seems from all the posts I see to be a great machine. Well done. Tommy

I'm hooked on my Simplex+ and wouldn't give it up for any reason.

It took a bit of getting used to but, I finally settled down and started remembering how my other more expensive detectors worked and realized that the Simplex+ is doing what they do and darn near as well.

Cheers.
-DH-

Very nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

I think I may have found the other half of the Cherokee button, or maybe not. I'll let y'all decide. Here's the pictures:

Todays Finds 03_22_2020_0003.JPGTodays Finds 03_22_2020_0002.JPGTodays Finds 03_22_2020_0001.JPGnew button find and cherokee backs_0002.JPGcherokee button back_0001.JPG

Thanks for looking.
-DH-

Nice finds... especially the ring.

The pendant is what is known as a "Miraculous Medal" (Medal of Our Lady of Grace) but the 1830 date is for when the nun Catherine Labouré experienced her audio-visual encounters with the Virgin Mary in Paris... and they have continued to be produced with that same date ever since:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_Medal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back