Todays finds. A little Surprise!

y4ng

Dec 23, 2008
Today's finds. A little Surprise!

Well after yesterday's successful hunt, my dad recommended a spot for me to hunt. So today he went with me.
Reached the place around 10am in the morning, then decided its no point detecting in a place where digging is illegal. So headed for the park i went to yesterday.
First i went to this playground which i only found some coins. Next was to this fitness corner same like yesterday, I swing my detector under the sit-up corner. First was a dollar coin and next came some other coins.
Well, this place isn't as productive as the previous one. I gave myself one last try under this very last sit up corner and then notice this little earring at one corner. WOW! Below is a picture of it and my finds for 3hrs of detecting :)

Gonna get it to the pawn shop to see if its worth anything.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 29012009a.JPG
    29012009a.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,150
  • 29012009b.JPG
    29012009b.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,146
  • 29012009c.JPG
    29012009c.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,141
Upvote 0
Re: Today's finds. A little Surprise!

Great find with the coins. The earring though is a rhinestone. Hard to tell the setting. Maybe a gold plate. Doubtful it is solid gold, with that foiled rhinestone. Doesn't hurt to have it checked out.

nice.......a little glint and sparkle

just got back from the pawn shop!

The pawn shop lady told me both items ain't worth alot....or rather anything :tard: :tard: :tard:

Was told that the earring was actually an nose ring worn by those Indian lady, something like in the link here. The 'diamond' on it is actually a 'stone' (i'm not sure what stone she meant). http://www.flickr.com/photos/29617673@N07/2808288884/

The ring i found yesterday contain a small diamond.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,213884.0.html

Seems quite embarrassing so I went out of the shop asap ;D ;D ;D

Here's a picture of the places I did my detecting.
http://www.singaporeshots.com/albums/userpics/10003/normal_children-playground-bishan-park.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SIYhJEKBG...AAAkg/mVwoylfLAr8/s400/East-Coast-Park-p4.jpg

The fitness corners usually yield more finds compared to those children playground.

The nose ring is still neat and you didn't do to bad on the coins....Matt

Sounds like you've got a pretty good site for recent drops, yng...
Keep hitting it and you'll probably do well over time.

Best
rmptr

Nice job on the coins! I have found one of those before in the woodchips. I was so excited, but it turned out to be fake and just bling. But anyways you should check it to see if it is real! :)

Welcome to Treasure Net. You have some real nice finds, you can always get a second opinion on the stuff you find, pawn shops would be one of the last places I'd go to get an opinion.

Chris

Hello there! Thanks for all the replies.

I currently I have no idea what are the other ways or people whom i can approach to get the items appraised.

Tomorrow i'm going to hunt another park which has quite some history. That area could probably date back 80 years. Its beside some ex-british naval dock but now its now a commercial dock.

Got to make use of my time to hunt as much as i can. In a few months time i'm going to enlist or rather get conscripted into the army for the next 2 years. damn....... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Oh yeah, I realised that due to metal composition of the coins here, they sound off at low/med tone of my detector. Higher tones are usually trash like aluminum cans or some Hot Wheels matchbox toycars which could be easily found in playgrounds. Haha...

cheers!

Hey, :D

Continue to take it to your current appraiser. However embarrassing now just wait till you bring them in a 18k Diamond wedding band. Until you learn to appraise things yourself... :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!! ;D

Congrats on your finds. You never know when the next one will be solid gold and diamonds. :thumbsup:

NICE HUNT AND FINDS.CONGRATS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back