Today's Finds 2-11-2024

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to my in-laws today. Took the Deus 2 to try out the Relic program. It's completely unusable at home because of a neighbor's underground dog fence. Liking the Relic program a lot. Seems to be good at finding things I've missed in the past.

I've never found anything older than 1974, the year the house was built. While working the back yard, I got a 75 hit that was quiet. turned out to be a shot gun shell. SEARS TED WILLIAMS 20 GA 1940'S THROUGH 1950'S.

P1001308_WM.jpg
P1001309_WM.jpg

This property always seems to give up clad coins no matter how many times I swing over it. These were deeper than most of the other coinage I've pulled from this yard. Two dimes and two pennies. I think the tag was from an electric company pole. I threw the pull tab in just in case some of you haven't seen any in a while.

P1001310_WM.jpg

Kind of strange to swing higher than ground level, but I think the relic program works great to find deeper items.

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 10
Any digging in February is a good day out.
The relic program is useful in some sites, then it can be useless if the electric fences are turned on.

The deepest recovery was a rotted head stamp at 12" in a pasture using the relic program.

20221208_140731.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back