todays find

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
IT's funny how we can hear that sound when they drop that silver in our hands. It's always a Welcome sound in my ears :)

cool deal... My ol' lady works as a cashier, and she finds quite a bit... She gets more silver and odd ball coins working there then I do detecting... I'm trying to catch up... ;D

Got a Buffalo in change from vending machine the other day.. date rubbed off....my 14 YO son looked at it and had no idea what it was...first one for a long long time.

Dave

think thats cool. check this out. a guy at work went to the covenience store one day an the guy in front of him got his change an noticed one of the pennies was wierd.they didnt know what it was, it was brassy and had an eagle on the front. what was it? a flying eagle cent!!!! wow! He didnt know what year it was cuz the guy shoved it in his pocket an left quickly. probably not a 1856, nice anyhow.

Keep your eyes open, I found a 61 quarter last summer the same way. My wife got a 63 silver dime this winter in her change...What's going on?

My stepfather told me he was taking some unrolled coins to one of those coinstar counters, and after he got done, happened to look on top of the machine, and someone that was there previously had left two Indian head cents on top. For a chuckle, he dumped them in the machine, but they came back out the return. We figured someone must have had a big bucket of coins, dumped them in, and those two would not go through. They did not know what they were, maybe thinking the were foreign and left them on top of the machine, much like folks leave bottles on the return machines that wont go through.

Back in my cop days I used to investigate a lot of thefts where kids/adults were stealing grandpa's and grandma's piggy banks so they could buy drugs, cigarettes and whatever. We were able to trace a lot of them as the silver coins started showing up in the stores. Unfortunately it was near impossible to recover all those silver coins saved for so long.

I keep getting 1965-66 quarters as change. I'm starting to get frustrated just 1 year off.

Quarters would be your most popular find in change since they last longer in circulation being a higher denomination.

Were would you sell the stuff after you found it though? I know a lot of you keep it and I probably would just wondering who would buy it?

I heard something over Christmas that kinda made me sick. My cousin works at a cigarette outlet store and some guy paid with a seated and a barber dime along with a bunch of modern change because he hadn't gotten his welfare check yet and was out of money.

So my cousin took them and replaced them with new money because he used to be a collector and knew they weren't common anymore.

Then he spent them. >:(

On pot. >:(

He told me about this like 2 weeks later and it was all I could do to keep from kicking his ass...

Hey guys, want to hear something sad? I know for a fact that an older gentleman was so upset w/his family that he started buying gas and supplies at convenient store w/$10 gold piece then wanted his change. Bill was $9.24 & he got back 76 cents.

that is very sad

In reply to the last few stories on here, including my own, I should probably mention that because of people like that, working as a sales clerk when I was a teenager paid off nicely 8).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back