Todays and yesterdays finds

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
I only got out for an hour yesterday at an old homesite, and got out for a couple or hours today at a church I've been hunting off and on for a few months.The first pic is from the old homesite.The arrowhead came out of the groung while digging a shotgun shell brass.The second pic is from the churchyard.This is the second axe head found at this site,1 bullet fragment, 1 1956 silver dime, 1 steel ring(probably off an old singletree) and 28 cent in clad.It was cold, but as always fun!!

Attachments

• Jan 18 finds.jpg
    Jan 18 finds.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 360
  • Jan 19 finds.jpg
    Jan 19 finds.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 351
  • Jan 18 finds.jpg
    Jan 18 finds.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 359
  • Jan 19 finds.jpg
    Jan 19 finds.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0
Yes it is, I just hate the spur itself wasnt with it. I was hoping this site would produce some old coins, but so far all I have found is a 1916 wheatie. I also found a " Drink coca cola in bottles" 1920's era thimble, but it looks like it has been bit down on by someone. It's hard to tell in the pic but it looks just like teeth marks. It would have been worth a little if it was in decent shape!!

Attachments

• thimble 1.jpg
    thimble 1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 305
  • thimble2.jpg
    thimble2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 297
  • thimble 1.jpg
    thimble 1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 307
  • thimble2.jpg
    thimble2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 280
Nice finds hikermike,,,
Too bad about that thimble, you know it's got to be fairly rare...
Finding all that old stuff, seems like it should be a great site for ya...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

That's a pretty arrowhead hikermike. Is it quartz? I picked up many as a kid but don't recall finding one so bright white, only the duller colors of the flint in this area.

Kent

I think it is. I have a pretty good collection of arrowheads both quartz and flint, and a few pieces of pottery.We find them all the time around here after heavy rains.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back