Today finds And helping the environment at the same time!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out today to detect, found allot of trash, nails that were so corroded the they would show up as silver Not pictured! An to help out the environment I dug up a lot of Lead today!!!! Here is the Picture also dug up 2.59 in clad!!!

I think that I'm going to Help the bottom line and Start reselling All of the Sinkers back to the Fishermen and Women Instead of giving it away as I go down the river detecting!!! I talked to a few of them about It and They said They would make sure they had a few bucks with them the next time they saw me there!!!

Should pay for gas, parking and a few snacks etc!!! Adds up to 3.93 pounds of leadHH Chug

Attachments

• 100.JPG
    100.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 441
Upvote 0
:icon_thumleft: That's my man, cleaning as he goes, you know sweetie, that could also go towards that new detector your saving up for too!!!!! Love you babe, I'm so glad you got out today and that you had fun!!!! Red :love3: :love4: :love5: :love6: :love7:

Attachments

• 195282726v6_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true metal detector.jpg
    195282726v6_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true metal detector.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 421
  • 195282726v6_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true metal detector.jpg
    195282726v6_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true metal detector.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 416
nice clean up job! And I think we are saving lots of feet too by getting rid of the fish hooks!

That's a lot of grey matter!!!

Great idea putting these back into the hands of the end user :icon_sunny:
much better than scrapping ;D
Any plumbers out there need used fixtures? Roofers, Lead sheathing ? :laughing7:

The only problem is carrying all of the weight around!! I usually find several of the 16OZ sinkers!!! Ive pulled as many as 14 of them in a few hours!!!

I refuse to carry the Rail road spikes, I just set them on top of the logs and they disappear fast!!! I've seen fishermen running over to where, I put them!!!! ;D ;D

there were 40 or more guys and gals lined up Along the bank fishing, due to the heavy rain over the last week, the water level is way up and the sinker's don't disappear very well in wet sand

If it pays for my expenses ill be happy Chug

With the way gas is shooting up this may be the only way to get out as much as I did Last year!!!

Chug, I was pricing lead sinkers at Wally world and the big K just this week. Prices average $.30 per ounce. Retail price of your 3.93 pounds = $18.86. I was pricing them because someone gave me 26 pounds worth and I wanted to know what the value was ( hadn't bought any in a long time, but knew the prices were higher than I use to pay). The gift turned out to be worth over $120. Treasure is where you find it. JY

I know what you mean about these gas prices...I usually give away the sinkers and golf balls I find. I may have to start selling them also...lol. I know one guy that puts 4 or 5 sinkers per bag then sells them at fishing shows for a few bucks each.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back