Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I am curious to see what this piece would look like if I were to tumble / polish it. :icon_scratch:
I would never tumble any of the complete badges I found last year, but this one is not complete, so why not clean it up a bit?

Please let me know what you think, either in favor or against it. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Dave

Update

I was originally thinking about tumbling this piece, primarily because it isn't complete and consequently I don't feel it holds much value from a collectible standpoint.
I was also curious as to how it might turn out though, considering how nice some of my other brass items have cleaned up.
On the other hand, I'm also very aware of the historical significance of this piece and felt that asking the membership for their opinions would be the right thing to do.

But, as you can all clearly see, the overwhelming majority of people feel that tumbling this badge would not be the right decision.
Thanks to everyone for your input!
Dave

Attachments

• 20150417_164223_resized-crop.jpg
    20150417_164223_resized-crop.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20150417_164238_resized-crop.jpg
    20150417_164238_resized-crop.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Wow are you getting badly infected from that other forum. That surface is absolutely perfect dug condition and you are asking if you should turn it into a pitted mess? There's really no good reason to tumble relics, because there's almost always a better way, and those who think taking finds down to the base metal look and is better, are very badly mistaking and some day they'll likely regret their mistakes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perfect as is!

Upvote 0
I agree with everyone else, tumbling is for those orange clad coins and 1950's wheaties IMHO, an amazing relic like that would look awful with tumbling. That is the kind of condition I dream of finding my finds in.

Upvote 0

Thanks to everyone for their input on this topic. :thumbsup:

As a wise man poignantly said regarding tumbling.... :laughing7:

Attachments

• sm.jpg
    sm.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 0
Man last time I heard tumble was the song by boy George hell no man put it in a riker box and place it on the mantle, nice relic ,really stands out.vanzutphen

Upvote 0
Man last time I heard tumble was the song by boy George hell no man put it in a riker box and place it on the mantle, nice relic ,really stands out.vanzutphen

Thanks very much... do you mean like this? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• 20150418_143849-1_resized.jpg
    20150418_143849-1_resized.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0
By god that's it man, what an nice assortment really shows how important your finds are to you and the meaning of not just the finds but the history that goes with it.vanzutphen

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back