64.9 KB · Views: 92
  • A TINL OIL PAINTING 002.jpg
    A TINL OIL PAINTING 002.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 114
  • A TINL OIL PAINTING 005.jpg
    A TINL OIL PAINTING 005.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 105
Doll house paintings?

Not sure what they are, but they appear to be quality work.

Could you post pics of the backs? Do you have an idea of what it is painted on, wood panel, canvas etc?

here are a few more pics , of the backs - the frames are brass ..

Attachments

• A TINL OIL PAINTING 011.jpg
    A TINL OIL PAINTING 011.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 92
  • A TINL OIL PAINTING 012.jpg
    A TINL OIL PAINTING 012.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 97
1 back is missing - the other back still has the French ? words .

Wow.

They're painted on cut up 18th century french book bindings.

I'm not sure what it's painted on at this point now - it almost looks looks like canvas applied to a board type thing ?

First Picture looks like there is a signature (lower left hand corner) but I can't make it out. Any closeups?

I seem to remember PBS did a documentary on Buckingham Palace, and on a level below they showed a doll house of the palace of unbelievable workmanship. I think paintings like that were on the wall. Anyway, those are a wonderful find!

Sorry for the delay in posting close-ups . I took pictures of them last night - today I could not find them , after hunting for an hour , they were just on the kitchen table under some bills .
Anyway Lost&found is correct , they are both signed . The one with the big tree is hard to see because the frame is in the way , I can see just the tops of the Sig . The other one is not blocked by the frame , but I can't figure out what it says .

Attachments

• A TINL OIL PAINTING 020.jpg
    A TINL OIL PAINTING 020.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 97
  • A TINL OIL PAINTING 018.jpg
    A TINL OIL PAINTING 018.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Wow.

They're painted on cut up 18th century french book bindings.
I think you're right OWK . I carefully removed the other painting from the frame . The signature is a little clearer than the other .The first letter looks like it might be a K .

Attachments

• A TINL OIL PAINTING 021.jpg
    A TINL OIL PAINTING 021.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 69
  • A TINL OIL PAINTING 022.jpg
    A TINL OIL PAINTING 022.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 75
  • A TINL OIL PAINTING 023.jpg
    A TINL OIL PAINTING 023.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 84
I plan to take them to Kaja Veilleux Auction house - he has free appraisal every Tuesday . I thank Lost&found and mjm579 for those great sites . I've looked up thousands of painters & I still have no clue . I plan to use those sites for future finds .

Very nice little miniature paintings! I'm really guessing they have great value from what I can see! Is that auction house a large auction house in your part of the country? Id want to take them to an art speciality type place!

Last edited:
Very nice little miniature paintings! I'm really guessing they have great value from what I can see! Is that auction house a large auction house in your part of the country? Id want to take them to an art speciality type place!
Yes , he is our "Christie's Of Maine " . I'm semi - friends with John T Bottero , one of the appraisers - He lives just a mile down the road from me . Every time I see him in the local beer store we talk about antiques .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back