skll2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 742
  • skll3.jpg
    skll3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 741
  • skll.jpg
    skll.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 741
Small pottery skulls are sometimes associated with Day of the Dead observances in Mexico, although this one is a good deal smaller than any of the examples I could find online.

Upvote 0
Have you dated the dump yet? If so, the ID masters here might be able to narrow that piece down.
newt

Upvote 0
sanford. said:
Good lord man, go back and look for a pot of gold......it is no doubt a fossilized leprechauns skull ;D

Yep :tongue3:

Upvote 0
You don't mention how much it weighs... Is it heavy enough to be stone? In the 2nd photo it does appear to be stone, but on the other hand it also looks like a good quality plastic piece to me. Is it cold to the touch or just room temperature?

Upvote 0
woody50 said:
You don't mention how much it weighs... Is it heavy enough to be stone? In the 2nd photo it does appear to be stone, but on the other hand it also looks like a good quality plastic piece to me. Is it cold to the touch or just room temperature?
I does feel like weighs about as much as a stone of the same size . It is cold to touch - but the room I'm in is kind of chilly .

the oldest bottle I found in the dump is from the 1850's - the newest is from the 1970's .

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back