✅ SOLVED Tiny Gun

DeadElvis

Apr 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, last one today I promise. This tiny revolver came from the ground along with shards of glass, at about 6 inches. My gut instinct tells me it's maybe a top from a bottle of cheap men's cologne. Pic has 1928 (I think) wheatie next to it for scale. Found maybe 15 feet from said wheatie at same depth.

I thought it might be a bubble-gum machine toy but it's heavy (almost too heavy for it's size), like lead or pewter maybe, and the ringed base makes me believe it might have been embedded in some sort of stopper at some point. :icon_scratch:

DE

tinyg.jpg

Is it hollow (hole through it), or solid? Tony

Solid as can be. I nearly think it's lead judging by weight. I've been scrubbing with a toothbrush, some detail coming through. New pic soon.

Upvote 0
Looks like an antique squirt gun to me maybe a cracker jack type trinket depicting an antique squirt. The squeeze bulb is missing.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm beginning to think this did have a hole through it... here is a pic of the ringed-end.

2012-05-15_22-04-43_699.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok after additional scrubbing I think there was a hole through this piece, at both butt and barrel. A tiny, cheap squirt gun is now what I think. I'll try to get better pics tomorrow. Sweet - better than a pull-tab or nail any day :)

Upvote 0
Good find and ID. I will trade you 50 pultabs and a peepshow token for it!

Upvote 0
Good find and ID. I will trade you 50 pultabs and a peepshow token for it!

I'd probably take you up on the offer (minus the pulltabs) This has been a good plot - mercury dimes, Indian head pennies, and brass buckles.

I seem to find mostly nails on this lot. My friend finds the Indian heads and Mercs. I _HAVE_ to get one of those Garrett pin-pointers. Today I was using his and was about to refill a hole that had produced a nail. I ran the pinpointer through and found the penny in the photo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My Tesoro tigershark handles nails well. Three time this week I found a nail and a coin in the same hole without digging a single nail. The Quattro masked these coins the previous week. I also dig a lot of nails with it. The pro pointer is the Real deal.

Upvote 0
Put a bulb on it from a turkey baster or eye dropper and its good to go. Ill bet it has value and certainly worth more than 1 peep show. . Very very cool find.

Upvote 0
My Tesoro tigershark handles nails well. Three time this week I found a nail and a coin in the same hole without digging a single nail. The Quattro masked these coins the previous week. I also dig a lot of nails with it. The pro pointer is the Real deal.

Yes it is. I'm off to buy one now. After using it, I can't imagine detecting without one. Seriously - I don't (yet) own a Garrett pinpointer, but I will by this weekend. I'm new at this (as is my hunting buddy) but today convinced me. He uses a Bounty Hunter and I use a White's Coinmaster. Both beep if there is a shredded aluminum can in the same zipcode.

That pinpointer results in small holes and quick finds. Essential tool, IMHO. I bought 2 of the harbor freight jobs, and they are both breaking now.

Upvote 0
That's what I was thinking when I ask about the hole. Tony
That has to be worth half a point on ID for the hint you gave big cypress hunter. But the picture he posted gets him a full point. Just sayin. Do I need to add LOL.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back