Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Y'all, Today I was MD in the same area where I found the 17th century spectacle buckle. Thank goodness I had my Garrett ProPointer or I would have never found this tiny thing. I'm guessing it is a charm, but am not sure if what is broken off at the top are the ears or where an attachment loop would have been. Also the back is flat, which is not so typical of charms. I think it is made of either lead or pewter. It looks like a cat or rabbit with human-like features. Somewhere back in one of my brain cells, I remember from Art History classes, there was a period in time where Artist painted animals with human-like features. Any thoughts on this would certainly be appreciate. Breezie

Attachments

• 1Cat.jpg
    1Cat.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 2ACat.jpg
    2ACat.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 374
  • 2Cat.jpg
    2Cat.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 3Cat.jpg
    3Cat.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 4Cat.jpg
    4Cat.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 346
  • 5Cat.jpg
    5Cat.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 354
Might be rabbit from " The World of Peter rabbit " by Beatrix Potter..........NGE

Upvote 0
notgittinenny said:
Might be rabbit from " The World of Peter rabbit " by Beatrix Potter..........NGE

NGE, thanks for your reply. I thought it could be a rabbit too because of the way it was holding it's right paw/leg. When my daughter was a child, she had several Beatrix Potter books, and Peter Rabbit was one of them. From what I can remember, Potter's Peter Rabbit wore a blue jacket. Breezie

Upvote 0
Breezie, here are some pics of the silver plated "Potter cereal bowl" thatI own, it's a bit tarnished but, in beautiful condition.........NGE

Attachments

• goose.jpg
    goose.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 218
  • mouse on side of bowl.jpg
    mouse on side of bowl.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 225
  • another mouse.jpg
    another mouse.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 224
  • bottom of bowl.jpg
    bottom of bowl.jpg