Tiny Bottle

P

pidjammies1

Attachments

• old bottle.jpg
    old bottle.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0
Looks old. Is there a seam? If you can't find a seam on it then if i remembering right your looking at a bottle from the mid 1800s. Also on the bottom(which i don't see much of a bottom lol) but there should be some type of a pontle(sp) circle looking thing. If theres marking on the inside of the circle then your looking at the 1900s as far as age. Might also want to post it in the bottle section on here. Awhile back i found a great site i use to post my bottle finds on if i can remember the link will post it for ya. HH And ver cool looking bottle.

Don't know about the bottle, but the genie inside must have been reallllly tiny! Let us know what you find out - it looks pretty special.
Ruth

Looks like a perfume bottle to me!

Cool find,

HH

Lonewolfe

? ? ?Nice find. Hard to tell in the picture but the top looks a little to even for what it looks like to me. But if the top is jagged, not smooth it's an opium bottle. They were totally sealed and the user had to break the lip off to get to the opium.?

The neck isn't jagged. But it has no lip to it. It just ends abruptly and the rim is a little like the edge you get from a window glass cutter. HH

I have found some similar to that when I used to dig bottles in the late 60's, early 70's. Found out they were opium bottles. Went to e-bay and searched for opium bottles and did find some pics of what they call opium "ampules". They are similar but have a longer neck. So perfume is probably a better guess. Or maybe it had a longer neck at one time and someone ground it down. Nice little bottle regardless.

At first I thought it was a morphine ampule.Since you've said the top is smooth and flat,i've changed my mind.Now I think, maybe it's a perfume bottle.Cool little bottle regardless.

Can't tell in the picture. But it's 2 inches by 1/2 inches, and then from front to back it's 3/8 inches. So 2 sides are flatter than the other 2 sides. And the bottom is partly round and it doesn't want to stand on it's own. Pidjammies has it with her, but if I remember right it did have a little V notch or gap on the lip of the neck that extends down into the neck just a little bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back