TIffany and Co Sterling Cup, cant find info on it

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Pattern 25902, was last appraised in July 1999 in the Virgin Islands so I know its at least 14 years old. It was appraised for $390 back then.

Any help would work, I have put well over 6 hours into searching and come up short.

IMAG0004.jpg

Hey EE,

Sorry, this search & post took me 15 minutes. 8-)

38843.jpg

"333
Tiffany Co. Sterling Silver Baby Cup
Estimate: $100 - $200
Realized: $140" April Arts & Antiques Auction | 2007

a01438.JPG

"01438: Sterling Silver Baby Cup or Sterling Silver Youth Cup, Maker: Tiffany & Co., c1950, 2 5/8"H x 3" handle to rim, no mono. Price $265.00" Taca~Tiques Antiques

tf10115671_2.jpg

"Baby’s born with a silver spoon are going to be crazy jealous.This deal of the day is $119.99 (59% off the $295 retail price)." Deal of the Day WebSite - Watches, Handbags etc.: Tiffany & Co Classic Sterling Silver Baby Cup 10115671

Both of those cups are plain though, nothing special about them. I think the prices of them reflect that too.

I will call the number on Monday and see what the original retail was for it, that could help out a little as long as the name of the item from the catalog.

Hello EE,

You're welcome. Though the photo is not well focused, if you think that engraving enhances the value, more power to you.

Good luck.

Louis_Comfort_Tiffany_c._1908.jpg

It could also destroy the value if the engraving wasn't done by Tiffany's. The blocks look a little crude so it is possible that someone else did them by hand.

The engraving may have been done by the jeweller who stocked these cups.

Hey EE,

Repoussé, you say, eh? Could you possibly take some better photos of this piece, in natural light, illustrating the workmanship.

r1968.1L.jpg

So what did Tiffany say?

I need to call them back with the sku number on the appraisal. They could not source anything with the pattern number, she said, its 14 years old at least, it most likely wont be in our system.

Here are more pictures. The blocks have a 3D effect as they are more raised on the corners to make it look like the blocks are coming out at you.

Hand chasing. With this method, silver is moved with a small pointed tool and a small mallet. It is much like what you'd do if you used a stick to draw in the sand. Silver is not removed, but designs are drawn in the metal with the tool using a small mallet. This method is also used to produce a textured background in the design.

IMAG0064.jpgIMAG0065.jpgIMAG0068.jpgIMAG0066.jpgIMAG0067.jpg

Well you could always e-mail Tiffany's. I've had some wonderful responses from companies I've e-mailed about old products I've found.

There is a woman on Antiques Roadshow named Arlie Sulka. She was with the Tiffany archives and museum for 20 years or more and now is associated with Lillian Nassau, LTD in New York City. She can answer all your questions...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back