Thrift store find. Yamaha ORGAN.

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found something awesome at a thrift store, and I want to share the story of how I found it.

So, I was at a thrift store after dropping my brother off at a doctor appointment. While I was there, I was browsing the furniture section. I saw a Yamaha electone organ for sale. Complete with pedal board, chair, manual and music books.

The entire bundle was labeled as $40. I was stunned at this price. I got an associate and asked if it was really $40. They said it was. I decided to test it, because I was wondering if something was wrong with it. They got an extension cord and plugged it in, and they let me test it. To my surprise, it worked extremely well. Only 3 stops were not working. Other than that, everything was working fine.

I decided to purchase it. After purchasing it, I went home and got my trailer. When I returned, I showed my receipt and they loaded it for me. It took me and three other guys to load this organ. It is heavy..

I had some heavy duty rope with me and I used a truckers hitch to secure it to the side of the trailer. That knot actually saved the day. It was a bumpy ride to get home, and the organ was not moved.

When I got home, I did a thorough test to see if there was any damage. No damage at all, everything was working, except for the previously mentioned stops.

Here is the picture.

IMG_1136.jpeg

$40 for this and it works? Now that’s a good deal in my mind!

Upvote 9
I hope your house is Arson proof! You're neighbors are gonna love you!

Last edited:
I found something awesome at a thrift store, and I want to share the story of how I found it.

So, I was at a thrift store after dropping my brother off at a doctor appointment. While I was there, I was browsing the furniture section. I saw a Yamaha electone organ for sale. Complete with pedal board, chair, manual and music books.

The entire bundle was labeled as $40. I was stunned at this price. I got an associate and asked if it was really $40. They said it was. I decided to test it, because I was wondering if something was wrong with it. They got an extension cord and plugged it in, and they let me test it. To my surprise, it worked extremely well. Only 3 stops were not working. Other than that, everything was working fine.

I decided to purchase it. After purchasing it, I went home and got my trailer. When I returned, I showed my receipt and they loaded it for me. It took me and three other guys to load this organ. It is heavy..

I had some heavy duty rope with me and I used a truckers hitch to secure it to the side of the trailer. That knot actually saved the day. It was a bumpy ride to get home, and the organ was not moved.

When I got home, I did a thorough test to see if there was any damage. No damage at all, everything was working, except for the previously mentioned stops.

Here is the picture.

View attachment 2114811

$40 for this and it works? Now that’s a good deal in my mind!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back