Three park hunt

morgandollar

Greenie
Jun 17, 2007
S.W. Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Bounty Hunter Land Star
Got up early today with the kids and hit three parks. Total clad for the day $7.69. Including one 1942 wheat cent. The first park had a beach on the river. I worked the water and came up with one ring and two earing's. The second park was new, in and older part of town, still had the building permits on the fence. Found some clad in the wood chips. The rest of the park just a lot of junk. Looks like they just bulldozed the old houses and covered with fill, almost impossible to detect a good signal. The third park was established in the 1950's. This is where I found the wheat cent. I think someone hit the park before I got there, saw a lot of filled holes. Found about $3.00 in clad in about an hour. Strangely, I didn't find one pull tab. I guess whoever was there before me got them all and left the clad for me. lol
mdjuly2007 001.jpg
mdjuly2007 004.jpg
This is my first posting. Year to date I found approx. $80.00 in clad. The following pictures are the rest of the keepers. I usually work two parks in my area. One park, according to Sanborn maps was a fairground in 1922, thats where I found the Barber dime and the Walker. The other park is newer but I hit it about every two weeks and I usually find a few dollars in clad and if I'm lucky a ring.
mdjuly2007 005.jpg
mdjuly2007 007.jpg
mdjuly2007 008.jpg
mdjuly2007 010.jpg
mdjuly2007 011.jpg
mdjuly2007 013.jpg
mdjuly2007 018.jpg
mdjuly2007 019.jpg

Upvote 0
Way to go! Some really nice finds there. I like those rings!

Welcome to Tnet MD... Those are some sweet finds... Sure are some great pics... I like the heart pendant... Those that I have found, look cool in the shadow box my wife made...

HH Robert

Welcome to TNet MD! Nice haul of finds you have there. Congrats on that and keep searching and sharing with us here!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Hi morgandollar. You have had a great year so far.
Those are some real nice rings and pendants. I really like the one with the picture in it.
I used to live in Florida, Fort Walton Beach, while in the Air Force and I know theres a lot of beach and parks to detect. Maybe thats why a lot of us seasoned folks retire there....

Keep safe...

Welcome from the UK.

Cool locket with the picture still in good order!

Excellent pics and excellent-er finds ;)

HH
-GC

Welcome to TN!

Nice finds! I'll bet that Walker put a smile on your face. You can't beat gold and silver rings either!

Looking forward to your posts and Happy Hunting!

Ridley

Great finds and cool post! You have found some really nice stuff there. The locket is really cool too. Looks like you nailed quite a few rings there too.
Congrats!

Great finds!

Love the rings, walker and barber. Keep up the hunting. Your bound for more...

HH from M2

Looks like the parks are treating you well. Love the rings and the silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back