Three Incredible Coins!

MD Ghost F75

Mar 27, 2022
Harford County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I decided to go with the larger coil today and worked sections of the farm field real slow. I wasn’t planning on finding too much but was hoping to find an old coin or button. I almost walked away from a jumpy deep signal but decided to dig it. I was shocked to see a 1st year 1859 Fatty Indian Cent pop out of the bottom of the hole. An hour later I dug a shallow target with jumpy low numbers and again was rewarded with a coin, my 2nd Shield Nickel. The next target was even more of a surprise to me because I’ve only ever seen this in videos. I have never seen an old coin on top or sticking out of the soil…until today! The detector picked it up before I saw it but I plucked a copper from the dirt. After about an hour of cleaning, I was able to ID the copper as a Draped Bust LC. I had no expectations today, just needed to get out, but man am I glad I did! Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_5812.jpeg
    IMG_5812.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5816.jpeg
    IMG_5816.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5817.jpeg
    IMG_5817.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5815.jpeg
    IMG_5815.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5819.jpeg
    IMG_5819.jpeg
    983.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5810.jpeg
    IMG_5810.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5811.jpeg
    IMG_5811.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5813.jpeg
    IMG_5813.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5814.jpeg
    IMG_5814.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
Upvote 31
Very Nice :)

It's always a good day when one can get results as you had.
Congrats đź‘Ź

So I decided to go with the larger coil today and worked sections of the farm field real slow. I wasn’t planning on finding too much but was hoping to find an old coin or button. I almost walked away from a jumpy deep signal but decided to dig it. I was shocked to see a 1st year 1859 Fatty Indian Cent pop out of the bottom of the hole. An hour later I dug a shallow target with jumpy low numbers and again was rewarded with a coin, my 2nd Shield Nickel. The next target was even more of a surprise to me because I’ve only ever seen this in videos. I have never seen an old coin on top or sticking out of the soil…until today! The detector picked it up before I saw it but I plucked a copper from the dirt. After about an hour of cleaning, I was able to ID the copper as a Draped Bust LC. I had no expectations today, just needed to get out, but man am I glad I did! Thanks for looking.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back