Three buckles from the past but what for?

CAP

Jun 6, 2003
Hometown USA
Detector(s) used
XLT, ATPro, Tesoro Silver S., White's TM 800, Makro MultiKruzer, XP Deus II, Nokta Pulse Dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug these three buckles in the back yard of an antebellum home circa 1820's. One on left is thin in construction and heavily corroded and looks somewhat like a neck stock buckle that my son dug a few years ago. It has a barrel construction for the twin tongues to rotate. The middle one I guess is to a leather strap for a horse bridle or something similar. The iron tongue long rusted away. The one on right I can't make much of a guess except that it is some sort of a slide? Can anyone help with more info?

Thanks,

CAP

Attachments

• three buckles.jpg
    three buckles.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture_0094.JPG
    Picture_0094.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 71
Possibly from something like a pair of bib overalls, the material slides in to adjust the length. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
Thanks Cindy!

Upvote 0
Possibly from something like a pair of bib overalls, the material slides in to adjust the length. Just a thought.
Correct for the one on the right, I have one on my suspenders right now. The left looks like a suspender buckle, and you are right on the
center buckle, possibly horse harness, or human waist buckle, or even used to close or adjust a pack or trunk. Lots of potential uses on that one.

Upvote 0
Thank You BosnMate!

Cap

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back