May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hadn't been out since the 10th of Sep, & it was time to scratch the itch. This post covers the 11 hours & 45 minutes I did today & yesterday, plus Dads 8 hours (this weekend plus a few hours 2 weeks ago) on 4 different fields.
The highlights was a Saxon Pinhead that Dad got & the 7 hammered I found - sadly all in poor condition.
I also got a Lead Token with a date - 1733 'RD' (rare find)
Working Medieval Swivel!
Medieval Pilgrims Badge - Cherub face
Roman Mount
6 Scrappies
& many more goodies...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    326.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    289.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 106
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Upvote 6
Buttons, nice to see your buttons... I mean, nice to see you... :laughing7:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

30k.gif SUPER HAUL...WTG!

Buttons, nice to see your buttons... I mean, nice to see you... :laughing7:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

We are down on buttons this year & have yet to break 1000.

Nice selection of finds, the cut quarter is a nice find.

Really a lot of goodies! The Saxon pinhead is on top, i like the lead tokens and steelyard weight too. But you know how i like these tiny buttons!

That's a very good assortment, but the hammered coins really rock.
ZDD

A hammered evey couple hours...your still doing good. I love to get one of those, but chances pretty slim.

I really like those very early "clunky" looking buttons. Also not going to happen here.

UPDATE:

Yesterday when I found one of the Roman Coins I knew in the field that it was 'different'. It kind of made no sense being the metal (bronze), size & type it was. I passed it to Cru'Dads expert hands & this is his thoughts:

The coin is a Caracalla (ANTONINVS PIVS AVG GERM) with Radiate head and Jupiter reverse but they were only in Silver Antoninianus. There is a radiate Dupondis but not with the Jupiter reverse and the coin is 4.72gm (more a low AS weight which have laureate heads only). So I think it was a silver plated contemporary Antoninianius - their weights being between 4 to 5 grams.

Therefore our conclusion is a contemporary forgery/immitation 'bronze core' (no silver visible) which puts it straight in the album as an interesting piece.:thumbsup:

Hey Crusader, I was just looking through your banner list. Do you own your own museum? If that answer is no, why the hell not?? :P

that's it ?? was your detector broken ? oh! that was just a half hour hunt !! sorry !!

Hey Crusader, I was just looking through your banner list. Do you own your own museum? If that answer is no, why the hell not?? :P

Nope, but I display stuff in the local one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back