This things had me stumped for a while.... button? or something else?

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing's had me stumped for a while.... button? or something else?

This thing was in a box of stuff I brought home from an attic cleanout maybe a year or two ago. It was in a little box with a bunch of old buttons, and I never really thought much of it, but a while back I came across it again, and got to wondering. it measures .9 of an inch across, and the writing reads "HAMPDEN NEW YORK pat'd Oct. 27 - 31" The center material I'm pretty sure is lead, the rest is steel I'd guess.

Attachments

• 100_1983.JPG
    100_1983.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
  • 100_1988.JPG
    100_1988.JPG
    774.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_1993.JPG
    100_1993.JPG
    778.9 KB · Views: 154
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I think you got it! That was quick! i had tried searching the writing on it, and only came up with an ebay listing from someone who has a bunch of them but doesn't know what they are..... This is why I love this site!

Upvote 0
I think you got it! That was quick! i had tried searching the writing on it, and only came up with an ebay listing from someone who has a bunch of them but doesn't know what they are..... This is why I love this site!
Just a tip, I copied and pasted your words, then instead of doing a google web search, I did an image search, when I saw similar photo I clicked on it and that is how I found the first link.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back