This Should Qualify as the Find of the Week!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some couple of months ago I decided to move my coin garden and was unable to find a quarter that I had buried. I took quite a ribbing from several of the forum members, especially stoney56. Well, I found it yesterday and didn't even use a detector! I was out surveying my back yard when a heavy rain came up. After the rain I went back out and saw a quarter laying on top of the plug I had cut when I started to move my coin garden. Apparently it had been loosely covered with dirt and the rain washed it off! I ran in and got one of my detectors and hit the spot . Sure enough the elusive quarter signal was gone! That sucker had been laying there right on top of the ground all the time, hiding and tricking me and my detector into thinking it was buried. Either that or that no good lazy mutt of mine that dug up my coin garden and ran off put it there to fool me! Gosh I miss him. JIM

Upvote 0
Glad you got the quarter back.? 8)?I only rib you a bit in fun. I don't know how may times I've found a coin stuck to the digger when the signal dissapears from the hole.

I wonder why a silver quarter on top of the ground wouldn't give a signal...Did you try one of your other machines? I'm thinking there might be a GB issue or a larger trash-metal object near it that your machine is disc'ing out.

No, no trash. I especially looked for a trash free area to set my coin garden. When I first went to move my "garden" it was because I had my coins too close together and the signals were bleeding over. I found a dime and was still getting the quarter signal and I dug and dug and dug and didn't find it. I didn't have my little probe pinpointer with me and I guess I dug it up and left it in the tailings without knowing it. Anyway, I nearly forgot about it until I saw it peeking out yesterday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back