This past weekends camping + dredging trip at Thermal City

Thermal City? Is that in NC? I first thought it was in S. Cal, where it gets 120 F routinely.

It must be hot there! Lets hear more about your trip, ok?

Hey Bubba, it is in NC and it wasnt too bad hot, I think maybe 90s but I was in the water most of the time so I couldnt tell you for sure. The video I posted pretty much told the full story of my trip but I will be glad to type it all out anyway.

Last time I was up that way I was sample panning and hit some hard pack. I knew the hard pack is usually pretty good so I brought my dredge in and worked upstream following the hard pack. The first day was my best gold, but it was all pretty fine stuff. The second day I got out of the hard pack and the gold played out pretty fast after that. Then me and a buddy went sample panning around looking for a good spot to set up our next trip there. In the video I show the majority of the gold I got minus some of the cons that I havent worked yet.

Well Astro thank you again for another 'good show'! I had to smile watching this post and thinking about some of your "early" posts with all the home made equipment and only home made no Briggs engines or production made gear so things have changed for you a little though I know you are still tinkering at home as you've always had a headfull of great ideas and you are not afraid to try them out.

How is the work going on your home made Bazooka GT type unit, the wooden one is what I refer to? Last pictures I saw showed the intakes with hardware cloth over them and you had caps at the output ends of the fluidizing pipes to be able to clean out the spray holes. I always appreciate your experiments..........................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back