Hat Badge ID2 use.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 321
  • Hat Badge ID2 use example.JPG
    Hat Badge ID2 use example.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Hat Badge Rear ID..JPG
    Hat Badge Rear ID..JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 232
I'm thinking Russian or German.. Where have I seen the double headed eagle before? Maybe Polish?
Where are the folks in Europe that lurk on this site?
??? ;D
DG

Upvote 0
Double-headed eagles have appeared on the arms, flags, coinage &/or medals of Albania, Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Byzantine Empire, Montenegro, Russia, and Serbia. A double-headed eagle, the Eagle of Lagash, is also the emblem of the 32nd and 33rd degrees of Scottish Rite Freemasonry.

Are those three O's superimposed on the eagle, or just ovals used as part of a stylized design? If it's fraternal, as suggested, offhand I can think of only two such organizations which had the initials OOO. One, the Order of the Owls, is obviously wrong for this piece; the other, the Order of the Orient, was a late 19th century Michigan fraternal insurance-benefit society, apparently short-lived, about which very little is known

Upvote 0
Thank for the replies. I think they are zeros (000) because the letter O is perfectly round and the zero is elongated (0). I actually found it in the Cajon Pass an area where the Indians, Spanish and Mormon had a trail and at one time a toll road was there. The area isn’t far from Devour and San Bernardino CA.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back