This little guy got separated from his unit

Dogtirednj

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I pulled this out of the ground it was just a heavy lump of mud and red clay setting off my DFX. A little of the debris rinsed away and this is what lies beneath. I love this hobby. You never know what's gonna come up next!

image-2858167634.jpg

Upvote 8
I like the lead soldiers !!! have only found a couple myself. Congrats !!

Awesome lead man, looks to be Barclay? Ask Subterranean, he will know

Awesome lead man, looks to be Barclay? Ask Subterranean, he will know

Thanks Wheatfinder,

This great little guy is a post WW1-pre WW2, two-dimensional (flat) seated machine gunner commonly found in do-it-yourself kits of that era. I could not find him in any of my reference material for the manufacturers of similar figures. His pose is unusual for a seated machine gunner, and unlike those made by the "big five," i.e., Barclay, Manoil, Gray Iron, Lincoln Log, or Tootsie Toy soldiers, leading me to believe he is from a kit. His uniform is pre WW2 with his puttees and old-style helmet. A cool find and he bears the likeness of an American "Doughboy." Hope this helps, Sub 8-)

Unique little find there.

Nice find. :thumbsup: Always nice when something interesting comes up like that. I found a lead toy soldier today too.

cool find. he's been MIA for a long time

Thanks Wheatfinder,

This great little guy is a post WW1-pre WW2, two-dimensional (flat) seated machine gunner commonly found in do-it-yourself kits of that era. I could not find him in any of my reference material for the manufacturers of similar figures. His pose is unusual for a seated machine gunner, and unlike those made by the "big five," i.e., Barclay, Manoil, Gray Iron, Lincoln Log, or Tootsie Toy soldiers, leading me to believe he is from a kit. His uniform is pre WW2 with his puttees and old-style helmet. A cool find and he bears the likeness of an American "Doughboy." Hope this helps, Sub 8-)
Very interesting background, Subterranean and nice find, Dogtirednj! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back