This Last Mondays Finds, Sorry Im Late In Posting.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Last Mondays Finds, Sorry I'm Late In Posting.

Sorry this post is a little late, but guess I over did it and ended in the hospital for several days.
Anyways here is what I found on Monday. The point in the first photo, bottom right is what I believe to be an AvonLee point. The last two photos is both sides of what appears to be a fluted point, not absolute but could be my first Clovis point. What a heartbreaker!

folder 3 002.JPG folder 3 001.JPG

folder 3 003.JPG folder 3 004.JPG

Upvote 0
Super hunt! Hey did you get shingles? I thought I had chiggers but it wasnt.

Please tell me you did not over do it hunting artifacts?? It looks like you scored though . It is hard to keep a hunter down. I archery hunted today and kept glassing for rock shelters. Hope you are feeling better and it was nothing serious. Very nice finds. I am guessing you are correct but there are way more knowledgable people than I on here.
Stay safe first.

No shingles, and no, we do not have chiggers out here in Mt., Thank Goodness! That pnemonia got me again. I had it about a month ago.

No shingles, and no, we do not have chiggers out here in Mt., Thank Goodness! That pnemonia got me again. I had it about a month ago.
Some dont know this but you can get a shot that will last 5 yrs. I have had it 3 times in 10 yrs. I think it is time for another shot for me.

Thats some nice flints, the bottom pc def. looks paleo but it doesn't look fluted... I don't find enough paleo to identify anything though.

Thats some nice flints, the bottom pc def. looks paleo but it doesn't look fluted... I don't find enough paleo to identify anything though.

I am seeing the beginning of a flute in the first photo..re. no cross flaking, just flaking along the outside edge.

folder 3 003.JPG

Last edited:
rock said:
Some dont know this but you can get a shot that will last 5 yrs. I have had it 3 times in 10 yrs. I think it is time for another shot for me.

I had shingles and chiggers. They are God awful! I'll let you know about pneumonia in a day or so. I hunted stupid today. 40 degrees and I walked through water to hunt. I'm honestly feeling bad now. Sorry to hear you had it. That fluted base is nice, a complete one would have been pneumonia!

Sorry to show my ignorance (oh yeah too late for that) but is this the flute area?
Reason Im asking is I see where it could be a flute like i outlined but there is a patina difference in the base than in the flute, I was curious if the flute you see is a small flute hanging around the base of the pc or if it ran up like i have outlined.

llm.jpg

Sorry to show my ignorance (oh yeah too late for that) but is this the flute area?
Reason Im asking is I see where it could be a flute like i outlined but there is a patina difference in the base than in the flute, I was curious if the flute you see is a small flute hanging around the base of the pc or if it ran up like i have outlined.

View attachment 710200

Yes, that is what I was looking at. I looked around for the other half until it was almost dark (sun sets around 4, 4:30 pm.), but did not find it.

yeah id be lookin for the other half a while myself....
do you notice a difference in the patina in the bottom of that pc and say the area where the flute is or is that just the way it looks from here

hey hey dig
you know that is some pretty material you find

that first image lower right appears to a point made from rainy buttes silicified wood
this comes from half way between us just south of the central MT-ND border
we are 400 miles apart and the buttes (the source) are half way between us
i think it is paleo...the paleos loved the RBSW as it is nice to work with............
...........as i said someplace before the RBSW was used more for points than like a knife, since it did not hold an edge very good
i found two nice tennis ball size chunks of it and saved them and i really don't save rocks it was just too pretty
you have so much colorful and hard easy to flake material in your area
my favorite is that bright yellow jasper can't find that color here

i sure hope you get better
i have been fighting the same for the last ten days,and feeling a bit better now but it sure takes a lot out of you

get well
we go HH next sum

lars

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back