This is what the rain uncovered in southern california.

pistol perfect

Feb 7, 2008
southern california
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug pro
So, some good did come out of the week of rain we had in so cal this past week! I've been walking through an old flood control that runs through my father's property. It is about 8 to 9 feet deep and was full to overflowing from all the rain. It runs all the way from the mountains to the beach right through businesses and people's property.

We walked about a mile there and back and could not believe what we found washed down by the rain! Very old glass bottles and cans, broken china and pottery, parts to old cars, old bikes, and pretty much anything else you can think of!

The pictures are of what we saw and some of what we brought home with us.

Attachments

• junk 321.jpg
    junk 321.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 1,250
  • junk 321.jpg
    junk 321.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 1,250
  • junk 324.jpg
    junk 324.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 1,238
  • junk 325.jpg
    junk 325.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 1,255
  • junk 327.jpg
    junk 327.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 1,247
  • junk 330.jpg
    junk 330.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,243
  • junk 333.jpg
    junk 333.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,238
  • junk 334.jpg
    junk 334.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,245
  • junk 335.jpg
    junk 335.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,240
  • junk 338.jpg
    junk 338.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,229
  • junk 339.jpg
    junk 339.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,230
Upvote 0
Somewhere online (can't find it) there is a site that will tell you how to clean the rust of the Firestone sign without ruining the paint.... Sign probly is worth a nice bit of money if you can clean it without ruining it...

I thought it never rains in southern California...

Looks like it pours, man it pours...

The firestone sign is probably worth some money.
Dman

That Lucky Lager beer can is a collectible see this site nice find :thumbsup: Jim

The label for Lucky Lager has also seen many changes. In the 1950s the big red X was made less prominent, but it still remained on the labels and on advertising. In 1957 the X was reduced in size somewhat; the same logo, different size. In 1962 the label was again redesigned and the X was made smaller still, although it was still the design's focus. This can with the smaller "X" is sometimes called the 'bug' can by collectors because there is a small "dated" seal that can appear on different spots on the label, like a bug moving around. The "bug" design was then replaced by a label that got rid of the "X" entirely and replaced it with a large "L

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Lager

Well everyone seems to like the Firestone sign so I'll root for the bent horseshoe wrapped around the Coors can. :laughing7:

Some pretty neat finds ya got. :icon_thumright:

When it rains it pours.

Great finds. Perhaps that flood control will leed you to an old dump sight up stream. Worth a look. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back