This is kind of interesting

T

thugy472

I live in upstate New York in a small town called malta just a few miles from where the battle of saratoga took place. Lately I have been detecting on a Malitia parade ground where soldiers met. It is marked a historical site. I'm trying to figure out what part of the area was the actual parde ground. So far i detected around a church built in 1800 with an abandoned house next door. Their are two extremely old houses across the street. I've found tons of coins, one bullet, a door hinge, I found some wierd thing baried six inches under ground circular saw blades, and then im guessing maple syrup buckets and tons of old stuff. I'm going to ask permission to go to the old houses tommorow. These are some great finds but I've searched for 6 hrs straight two days in arow weeding out the bad. Theirs alot more detecting to be done here.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you've got a good prospect going there. Would love to see some pics if you have the capability.

Thugy, welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a great place to hunt but make sure it's legal!!! A historical site sounds like it might be off limits to detectors.

bmanofnbc said:
Sounds like a great place to hunt but make sure it's legal!!! A historical site sounds like it might be off limits to detectors.
Good catch!
You might want to check the surrounding area for places just outside the historical site. Bound to be some goodies in the adjacent locations.

Great finds, but make sure you are not putting yourself into a situation that could result in you being given a free trip to the local pokey. Hunting "Historical Sites" almost always need some sort of permission granted to detect & dig. You have a potential "Honey Hole" there. Good luck & find a way to post some pictures !! We LOVE to see pictures of newly dug treasures !!? ;D

bump up to revise?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back