✅ SOLVED Think its some kind of depression glass...???

Stinabowina

Mar 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 126
What you have is a cookie Jar in the "moon and Star " pattern. Originally it was probably one of a set of three counter top jars, the other two being smaller. Knowing the dimensions of yours would help. The large one would be around 12" tall then they step down in size gradually.

While the pattern technically dates back to the late 1880's your's is most likely not older than the 1930's. You can research more info on the maker by looking up L.G. Wright co. This pattern has been in production for a very long time. It ran from 1930's into the 1990's. As Flinthunter pointed out if your's lacks a plastic seal then it most likely predates the 1980's. They were very popular in the 50's - 60's era and my guess is that your's is likely from that era. You can check if it fluoresces under UV light. (which would make it depression era Uranium glass) Alone it might roughly be worth $20-40 in perfect condition. You can generally find the set of three online for around $75.00
Here is a good link to a page about the history of this design
Moon and Star Glass Club: History

This one is for sale for $28.00 here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/1230040...=vintage_low&gclid=CPWbl-uVhbYCFY9AMgodQD4ABA
greenjar.jpg

And this one at the same website is also 28.00
il_570xN.260073921.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Flint and MadPoet thank you both so so so much! No there is not plastic seal... Thank you MadPoet for your detailed answer it truly made my night!! I LOVE knowing the name and the name itself is neat! For $4 at Goodwill I am happy!

Upvote 0
YES. Etsy has it all. I've bought so many cool handmade Zelda items from there.
What you have is a cookie Jar in the "moon and Star " pattern. Originally it was probably one of a set of three counter top jars, the other two being smaller. Knowing the dimensions of yours would help. The large one would be around 12" tall then they step down in size gradually.

While the pattern technically dates back to the late 1880's your's is most likely not older than the 1930's. You can research more info on the maker by looking up L.G. Wright co. This pattern has been in production for a very long time. It ran from 1930's into the 1990's. As Flinthunter pointed out if your's lacks a plastic seal then it most likely predates the 1980's. They were very popular in the 50's - 60's era and my guess is that your's is likely from that era. You can check if it fluoresces under UV light. (which would make it depression era Uranium glass) Alone it might roughly be worth $20-40 in perfect condition. You can generally find the set of three online for around $75.00
Here is a good link to a page about the history of this design
Moon and Star Glass Club: History

This one is for sale for $28.00 here: Vintage L E Smith Moon And Star Green Glass by AntiqueLane on Etsy
View attachment 761152

And this one at the same website is also 28.00
View attachment 761154

Upvote 0
Your very welcome. It's definately a great thrift store find. I ve always loved this pattern because my mother had this exact set when i was a child. if yours is about 9"tall then you have the middle jar of the set.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back