Things I need help to ID, very weird like E.A.Poe!

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Things I need help to ID, very weird!

I need assistance to identify these items found on an Island in SE mass in a cove with oak trees and littered with coral, bones and old broken bottles. I went to PCGS and Heritage and Stacks and even a coin shop. They all say melted solder,or coins gold/silver but not yellow enough. I checked the University of Notre Dame's Colonial coins and wrote them many times as some seem to me like Sommer Islands coinage of 1615. The III pence is in my bank box and I will try to send photo of it too, soon. Also found was a big white rock in shape of pig that has rainbow/prizm qualities. Thank you in advance for any help. My ancestors include: Richard Warren and Lt.Jonathan Delano{De La Noire} of Plimoth 1592-1628 and 1647-1720 latter was at Kidd's trial in 1700. My cousin is on the present dime! Coin shop said Geo.III Rex coin is so common it is worthless.

Last edited:
Would this be it ?

20120511_105751.jpg

was definitely size was too big

this is 40% of the size you sent

Your pic was 3MB

this is 692 KB

Last edited:
Upvote 0
THX Jeff of PA you have been very helpful, I think I learned to post pictures and I am in 4 years of state/fed retirement. I used total discrimination and all gave good target tone. aluminum sounds like rusty nails, ie choppy chatter. I miss Rod Serling a lot and sometimes this site takes his place? I went today, and saved all that made silver signals. The surf is up! I picked up a lot of new fishhooks too, nasty ones for kids feet, and filled 6' holes from boom baby people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No Problem Boris,
I'm sure he was just Busy, or Misunderstood

Upvote 0
boris,i picked out the things i think are identifiable,the other stuff looks like slage and junk metal
i didnt take out horn,or dime and pocket knife,to me the pocket knife and the alien,looks like they
are those bubble gum machine prizes,im sure someone will chime in about the coins,and i dont see
E.A.Poe,and i like the mexico key,prob was part of a key chain

634790d1336815525t-things-i-need-help-id-very-weird-like-e-poe-20120511_105751.jpg

snipped from op img

boris finds.jpg

the big img
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/a...-id-very-weird-like-e-poe-20120511_105751.jpg

Upvote 0
i think it is a whale's tooth? Is it a horn from a unicorn?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The horn is ffrom a steer there is to much curve to be a whale's tooth, on the big pic lower left the second spear head in, if it has is a slight glaze to it , it is a Calusa spear head, they fired there spear heads to shatter when they were used to rip organs and more blood loss.

Harvest

Upvote 0
The horn is ffrom a steer there is to much curve to be a whale's tooth, on the big pic lower left the second spear head in, if it has is a slight glaze to it , it is a Calusa spear head, they fired there spear heads to shatter when they were used to rip organs and more blood loss.

Harvest
I think he found in in Mass. If you are referring to the Calusa of Florida, they had very little flint or rock if any unless they traded for it from other tribes, it would be used for ceremonial purposes. The Calusa used bone antler and shark teeth for weapons, not flint..

Dont I wish I could find arrowheads here. But unfortunately the Calusa had no flint quartz or any other rock. ...only coral rock. Where did you read this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont know much about steer horns but if it is like the ones I have , it would be very hollow and lightweight. A tooth would be stronger and heavier.

Upvote 0
you got one coin thats a british king george the 3rd coin -- georgvs III *

the other is a american 1800 draped bust US large cent copper coin--- both are great finds *

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for any help, 20 years ago Heritage told me I had gold / silver like melted solder or coins, electrum? I sent them small pieces that have x p and c p. Stack's are very snobby. I found the rock with an X chiseled on it which I was sitting on for 30 years before I noticed. There are oak trees, none hollow with one limb cut off, nearby in a little cove hideaway, with pieces of coral in sand and maybe human bones,maybe someone that drowned? and broken old bottles. I will try to photo the III pence SI when I go to my bank box someday soon. It looks different from red book but has the four pellets in front of forelegs with pellet in the middle, Like #5 dice, Maybe an unknown variety? idk reverse has boat with x like flag{s}? and large S to left, large I to right of vessel. Was that old olive green color on mahogany brown and took years in olive oil to become readable, and looks very old from my long experience with copper/brass. Anyone ever seen electrum?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Steer horn? I think it's a tasmanian baddy tooth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
coin store says Geo. Rex III coin is "very common" find? Is that true?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back